Indian Creek High School is a public school located in Wintersville, OH. It has 563 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-46 Students
- A+46 Students
- B33 Students
- B-28 Students
- D+22 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-18 Students
- B14 Students
- A13 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Indian Creek High School
- B-Weir High School
- Hancock County Schools, WV
- 57 reviews
- C+Brooke High School
- Brooke County Schools, WV
- PK, K-12
- 46 reviews
- CAvella Area Junior/Senior High School
- Avella Area School District, PA
- 44 reviews
- CBurgettstown Area Middle/High School
- Burgettstown Area School District, PA
- 66 reviews
Indian Creek High School Reviews
Indian Creek school district is awesome. Yes we need to pass a levy to build a new high school and athletic complex, but this is a small community. We all either know each other from going here ourselves or from our children being in school together throughout the last 12yrs. I enjoy having all the kids stop by and interact with a good variety of different teens from here and most are highly motivated to go to college and do what they need to do to make themselves successful in their future. It might not be unique, but the closeness that most of these classmates have with each other throughout all grades is a "family" of all backgrounds, ethnicity, and culture. That is why my children would go here if I had to do it again. Athletics needs work, academics and clubs need work, but we do well with what we have. Can't ask for more!!
Most of the teachers genuinely care about their students and want them to be successful, but like most schools there are a few teachers who only do what is necessary. The teachers, for the most part, are good teachers who tach their students very well. Most of our teachers are hands on and do not use our textbooks to teach, they are very knowledgeable in the subjects that they teach and are very interested in their students. The teachers are usually mostly consistent with their grading. I feel that our teachers do their best to help their students suceed. I believe that the overall quality of our teachers is good.
My school has many extracurricular activities to choose from. There are clubs like: National Honors Society, Key Club, SADD, FCA, Art Club, foreign language club, etc. There is a pretty good level of commitment to these clubs, and Key Club is the most popular option. All clubs have a staff member as the leader of the club, and there are some after-school activities available.