Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Indian Creek High School is a public school located in Shabbona, IL. It has 200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Indian Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-44 Students
- C+30 Students
- B+19 Students
- A+14 Students
- A14 Students
- A-12 Students
- B+12 Students
- B11 Students
- C+10 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Indian Creek High School
- B-Sandwich Community High School
- Sandwich Community Unit School District No. 430, IL
- 116 reviews
- BSomonauk High School
- Somonauk Community Unit School District No. 432, IL
- 60 reviews
- C+Earlville Junior/Senior High School
- Earlville Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 23 reviews
- BPaw Paw Junior/Senior High School
- Paw Paw Community Unit School District No. 271, IL
- 7 reviews
Indian Creek High School Reviews
Some of the core appeals of the school were it's strong student-teacher relationships, sense of community, and traditional teaching style, but that all has but vanished. Several teachers have retired or quit, and their replacements have a high turnover rate. Many of the incoming teachers are lack experience, and leave just as quickly as they came. Indian Creek fails to offer the extra curricular options and resources for students. Indian Creek remains traditional at the expense of its students.Indian Creek has dismal resources to help students who need it. The school has almost no mental health resources. While they claim that they actively fight bullying, many student reports fall on deaf ears.While larger schools can have more problems because of their population, I would recommend prospective parents and students look to at least somewhat larger schools and communities if given the chance, as Indian Creek's small size creates more problems than benefits for their students.
My experience at Indian Creek High School was a very good one. It was encouraged to be involved in a lot of activities, making it easy to catch up when I got to college. Their award-winning educational system was challenging but fair. I see room for improvement in their facilities, but that is to be anticipated in a rural area. There could also be more involvement with arts programs.
During my time at Indian Creek High School, I enjoyed being a part of the exciting school spirit. However, although sports there are good, the arts and music programs lack immensely. I would love to see that change.