Indian Creek High School is a public school located in Shabbona, IL. It has 218 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
506 S Shabbona Rd
Shabbona, IL 60550
Indian Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- C+32 Students
- B+15 Students
- A13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B11 Students
- C+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Indian Creek High School
- BSandwich Community High School
- Sandwich Community Unit School District No. 430, IL
- 110 reviews
- B+Somonauk High School
- Somonauk Community Unit School District No. 432, IL
- 59 reviews
- B-Earlville Junior/Senior High School
- Earlville Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 24 reviews
- B-Paw Paw Junior/Senior High School
- Paw Paw Community Unit School District No. 271, IL
- 7 reviews
Indian Creek High School Reviews
It's a decent sized school, and we are able to go to Kish and ivvc for college credits, along with ap english. We run on a block squedual. The only thing I wish would change is when we have to take certain classes that are required for graduation, consumers is required senior year at our school compared to paw paw where they take it softomore year because that's when they actually start getting jobs and fileing taxes.
The student-teacher relationships are amazing. The classes are small so the teachers have more time to really connect with their students and get them to learn, not just memorize. It gives the students a chance to get help and alleviates some stress about not knowing certain subjects.
My experience at Indian Creek High school so far is pretty decent. This year starting at the high school, as I'm a freshman this year, I see many flaws along with everything. There is only two hallways like a T shape. This means it's a very small school, so you don't have many teachers. If one retires it is not an easy task to replace them. Also many subjects are taught by one teacher. Another flaw is that in many lockers there are ants, we have had brown recluse spiders at the school, and we have rodents and roaches. This may be because we are surrounded by corn fields on many sides or just because the building is old- my father graduated from this school. As for the positives in this school, they are working on making it better. They are repairing some of the rooms, they are trying to get devices for every student and are trying to make school an enjoyable place. The school is on its way to becoming more modern.