Independence High School Reviews

Independence High school is one of the best public high schools in Williamson county, and as a senior I have overall enjoyed my experience there over the past years. Its welcoming environment not only allows for academic success, but also the ability to create connections and relationships that will last. The teachers and administration make it easy to ask for help and do a good job of recognizing when a student is struggling. The opportunities and involvement in clubs and activities are countless, giving students a chance to take part in what interests them. For example, I have been involved in our special needs program Best Buddies, a student leadership club (STARS), and being a student ambassador. Although our school diversity lacks, the student culture is full of different types of people who all come together to use their talents and qualities to create a positive learning environment.
This school has the diversity of stale bread. The intolerance for anything other than straight, white, Christians is absurd! They allow teachers to spend half of the class talking about their political ideals, their religion, and what they believe is right and wrong. Sitting through a class and being told your religion is unimportant? And when you address it, no action is taken? No thank you.

Likewise, they hardly ever cater to a student’s dietary needs. There are minimal healthy options to begin with, and they do not provide enough food for people with certain allergies (gluten, dairy, eggs, etc.) to have a fulfilling meal. This also applies to diets such as vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and other religious affiliated dietary restrictions.
I like how the teachers take thought and care into each and every one of their students to make sure everyone understands the material being taught. I love how welcoming everyone is. One thing that could be changed would be expanding the school due to the influx of students from new neighborhoods.
Start Your Review of Independence High School
IHS is a good school. There are several activities for students to participate in. The faculty is very knowledgeable and work with students who need extra help in a subject.
The school has a variety of clubs and activities that students can participate. The student environment at the school is friendly for the most part. The school spirit during pep rallies and sporting events is outstanding. The students are very involved in the school activities and in the community. The only complaint I have is the school does not do a good job preparing students for college at all.
I’ve gone there for all of high school and my sister also started and finished at Indy. I’m in love with the school and the extra curricular activities including Theatre. I’ve been involve with Theatre and the Drama club all oh high school and it has shaped my high school career as well as my personality.
While attending Independence I was surrounded by all sorts of clubs, sports, and activities, allowing me to gain a well rounded experience. I've had the pleasure of meeting plenty of new people, teachers, and friends. the quality of this school is exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I would absolutely recommend this school to parents debating high schools for their children.
I have liked my experience at Independence so far. If there is one thing I would like t see is more diversity.
Independence offers a variety of sports, clubs, activities, and events during school and after or before school. The Independence teachers want the best for you and challenge you to strive for your own success, in your unique way.
The dynamic of social life at the school is a real mix. Students come from either side of Thompson Station, so sometimes it gets interesting. Teachers can either be really amazing and passionate about what they teach (especially Mr. Balzer the Media teacher) or super bored and a bit uneducated on the subject or how to properly teach it.
I love that the school has great science teachers. I really enjoy the teachers that truly care about their students. However, the school is not very diverse at all, which I hope will change in the future.
Independence High School has good academics and a great variety of clubs to stay involved in. Not only that, but the school also has a great student friendly environment.
I love how caring the administration is to the students, how diverse the student body is and our school spirit at games and tournaments.
When I first arrived at Independence in my sophomore year, I was nervous and introverted. Now, however, I feel more than comfortable talking to teachers and students alike. The teachers are very friendly and helpful, and many encourage open discussions on the subject matter.
Great teachers who take a vested interest in seeing all students succeed. Independence offers a good mix of both honors and AP courses which have helped me get prepared for college.
My experience at Independence was overall very good. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. The school spirit is very unifying at pep rallies and on game days. I the only thing I have a problem with is we changed principals so a lot of the rules have changed over the years. This can make it difficult to keep up with all the changes. Many time people have gotten punished for a new rule that barely anyone was aware of.
My experience of Independence High School was one of the best I've ever had. Just walking into the building I knew it had a very positive atmosphere. Some specific things that I liked were the teachers definitely knew what they were doing and how the relationships were mad between students and teachers. There was also a lot of respect from everybody and when in the common area it didn't seem like anyone was left out. Some things I would change would be the lunch, school lunches have never been good but that should change. Also I think just a few things could be modernized, but besides those two minor things the school is fantastic.
Start Your Review of Independence High School
There are a few things I, personally, like about Independence High School. I like how diverse the school is. This regards classes, students, and clubs, to name a few. Most of the staff there are easy to talk to and get along with. The diverse choices of classes you can take is really cool. Like Latin, Psychology, TV and Film, Personal Finances, etc. The things I would like to change, however, is the way some of the staff handles work and connects with the class. The only things I would change are very minuscule, and therefore aren't really worth mentioning.
The reason I love this school so much is because of its atmosphere. There is a ton of school spirit and it makes walking in everyday more enjoyable. The staff is also very welcoming and are always there when you need help.
I like the openness of the school and how everyone is welcome. There are many options open for classes and extracurricular activities you can do. The sports teams are great and going to games is very exciting. Although, I would like it if the school allowed more time during passing periods.