Independence High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-127 Students
- B101 Students
- A+90 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+64 Students
- B54 Students
- C+30 Students
- B29 Students
- B26 Students
- A26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Independence High School Reviews
Review Independence High School
I am a student. I transferred from Northern New Jersey where it was challenging to make As in my classes. Here, i am in all Honors as AP and i have straight As, and grades above a 100, without studying. Most teachers and administration are nice, but this school does not prepare a student for college at all! We are treated like 5 year olds. I understand safety procedures, but some rules and guidelines are punishing both the parent and student. Attendance seems to be more important than grades here. Yes, our sports are great here, but that shouldn't be the only thing that makes the administration make exceptions to their rules. Also, the teachers are more involved in their own personal lives than the students. They complain about their jobs all day. This is not a terrible school. The school district is the best in this area, but if I would choose NJ schools over this any day. Independence needs to get their priorities straight.
First of all, the staff at Independence is INCREDIBLE. All of my teachers were SO supportive and were committed to helping me reach my full potential. I also cannot rave enough about the CTE programs that Independence has to offer! I chose to take Early Childhood Education as my CTE class and without that course, I would have never decided to major in Elementary Education. The only downside I have would be the exuberant amount of peer pressure I experienced during my time at Independence High School. Overall, I had a positive experience at Independence High School.
I love Independence High School. I have been there since I was a freshman, and the school has really helped me grow into the person I am today. There are many different people in our big school, and we have a "family like" community. We are accepting of others; especially the new kids that come in the middle of the year. The teachers and staff are very positive and have helped me succeed in so many possible ways. I am very involved in the school, and am proud to go to Independence. It is such a blessing!