Independence High School is a highly rated, public school located in Independence, OH. It has 358 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
- A22 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Independence High School
- AWestlake High School
- Westlake City School District, OH
- 171 reviews
- AHighland High School
- Highland Local School District (Medina), OH
- 180 reviews
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 156 reviews
- ANorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- 203 reviews
Independence High School Reviews
Independence High School is a secondary school composed of less than 400 students with graduating classes under 100 students. With such a small average class size, although academics are valued highly, a lack of depth of high level and advanced classes exist. However at Independence, there is a great teacher to student relationship, opportunity for involvement in clubs and organizations, and overall safety.
I feel that the teachers at this school genuinely care about the educational future of the students that attend the school They are always willing to help students if it is needed or asked. They recommend students to pursue classes that might challenge students more academically. The guidance counselors truly make the students feel as if they are one of their children. They take them under their wings from the time of entering high school until graduation, making sure that the student is fulfilling their highest potential. The counselors and teachers send home post cards for parents to acknowledge when students go above and beyond. Teachers, counselors and administrators truly care about the students at Independence High School!
When my husband and I were looking to purchasing a house, one of the major determining factors in location was the school that our children would be attending. Independence School district has been named a Blue Ribbon School several times throughout my son's educational experience. I love the small school atmosphere, teachers know your child on a personal level, as well as educational. When walking into the school to attend a sporting event, parent information night or committee involvement, you feel as though you personally know a lot of the staff members due to the small hometown atmosphere. The educational system that Independence offers continues to further technology available to students, as well as increase AP and post secondary classes. Community members are part of a bigger family, the school district family, and we continue to raise money to be able to purchase resources for our children to maintain a great school for our children, Whenever families attend events for the students, one has to make sure to get there extra early because the auditoriums fill up early with parents and grandparents. It is so nice to see support from all the parents and grandparents of Independence students. I can honest say that if I were to ever move, I would make sure to stay in the city in which I live in. I feel that my children are getting a great education, and have excellent resources available to them so they are able to start achieving their dreams. I would not do anything differently!