Independence High School is a highly rated, public school located in Independence, OH. It has 358 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B41 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-33 Students
- B31 Students
- B-28 Students
- A-27 Students
- A25 Students
- A+21 Students
- B18 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Independence High School
- AWestlake High School
- Westlake City School District, OH
- 173 reviews
- AHighland High School
- Highland Local School District (Medina), OH
- 180 reviews
- AOlmsted Falls High School
- Olmsted Falls City School District, OH
- 158 reviews
- ANorth Royalton High School
- North Royalton City School District, OH
- 203 reviews
Independence High School Reviews
Independence High School is a secondary school composed of less than 400 students with graduating classes under 100 students. With such a small average class size, although academics are valued highly, a lack of depth of high level and advanced classes exist. However at Independence, there is a great teacher to student relationship, opportunity for involvement in clubs and organizations, and overall safety.
Most teachers are good but many of them only keep their jobs because they've been here so long. The only reason I feel prepared for college is because I signed up for a college application class, but that will only be a class this year. Counselors are good with helping you sign up for ccp classes and scheduling regular classes. Administration is in everyone's business and tries to handle out of school issues, which have nothing to do with them.
I feel that the teachers at this school genuinely care about the educational future of the students that attend the school They are always willing to help students if it is needed or asked. They recommend students to pursue classes that might challenge students more academically. The guidance counselors truly make the students feel as if they are one of their children. They take them under their wings from the time of entering high school until graduation, making sure that the student is fulfilling their highest potential. The counselors and teachers send home post cards for parents to acknowledge when students go above and beyond. Teachers, counselors and administrators truly care about the students at Independence High School!