Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Independence High School is a top rated, public school located in Frisco, TX. It has 2,071 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Independence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+386 Students
- A+298 Students
- A-236 Students
- A201 Students
- A+181 Students
- B+172 Students
- A-169 Students
- A-133 Students
- A123 Students
- A+117 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Independence High School Reviews
Independence is a great school, and what makes it so is the staff. Like any school, there can be a few teachers that aren't the most wonderful, but the majority of the staff are committed to educating their students. Apart from that, I find the culture at Independence is way healthier than surrounding high schools. Independence is comparatively more competitive with high-achieving students, but the culture created by the staff is to promote inclusion and amiable collaboration among students. I'm so blessed to have gone to school here. Go Knights!
The school is very academically and athletically competitive. Athletically, the students compete against the top athletes that are highly sought-out for by colleges in the country. I recommend going to this school if you want a good education and if you want to increase your athletic abilities and/or get recruited. The teachers are fantastic overall and want to see you succeed as long as you put in the work. If you do that, your grades will reflect it and you will be ready to take the next step towards college once you've graduated. The higher-level classes will also have better teachers, so I recommend taking higher-level courses where you can. The only downside is that Frisco ISD currently (2020) doesn't do Finals or Midterms which sounds good now but it will not prepare you for them in college. Also, next year, every student will be getting a personal laptop which is an effective use of the District's resources.
Independence High School has been a safe learning environment with supportive students and staff. My favorite experience was the AP Capstone program. My teachers have taught me so much about research and let me enjoy the process. The skills that they taught me and the freedom to research any topic that I desire has allowed me to grow my passion for research. I definitely want to do research in college and I do not think I would have gained such a passion for research without these classes. I think this class has prepared me the most for college and I could not have been so successful in these classes without these wonderful teachers. Your passion may not be research, but Independence has a lot of wonderful teachers to help you find yours. Independence does a lot of presentations regarding drugs, vaping, bullying, etc, but I would suggest focusing on other issues as well. Getting students to learn about personal finances, health insurance, etc, can prepare students for the real world.