Independence High School
- FRISCO, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Independence High School is a top rated, public school located in FRISCO, TX. It has 2,143 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Independence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+479 Students
- grade A+369 Students
- grade A minus303 Students
- grade A250 Students
- grade A minus241 Students
- grade A+230 Students
- grade B+206 Students
- grade A minus151 Students
- grade A+138 Students
- grade A138 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Independence High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responses
- Pink out/ Forthcoming games20%
- Spirit dress up days19%
- Activity Period14%
- Football games14%
- Going to clubs9%
- Going to the library every morning7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,742 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Independence High School Reviews
Rating 4.22 out of 5 172 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a great experience at IHS, all the teachers and staff are great! The counselors and career counselors helped me greatly as I started my college preparation, as well as the teachers who took the time to get to know the students and offer help if needed. The fine arts or any sports are something I recommend getting involved with, which is usually where you will find friends and people with the same interest as you. There are many resources that you can get at IHS in order to be better prepared for your career, such as taking dual credit classes, AP exams, completing different endorsements, taking SAT and ACT, taking language assessment to get credits in case you speak another language, college fair, the xello app and a online portfolio through bulb, as well as the diverse cords that can be earned through clubs, blood donation, 100 hour community service, and by joining NHS as you keep a high GPA and continue to attend meetings and earn community services hours for graduation.
Best theatre program, choir program, art program, and orchestra program in the district. All of our fine arts teachers keep being promoted to lead the district fine arts programs- that's how good they are. Has a wonderful GT program. There are really great teachers here who care about their students. There are tons of AP courses and CTE courses to take. The high school is introducing an IB program soon. There are lots of electives available, in all areas of STEM and the fine arts. Independence is definitely one of the nicest schools in the district and is more balanced diversity-wise. All students get involved in extracurriculars here. Our football and basketball teams are solid, and we have a killer women's soccer team. I loved this school. I was there 7am-7pm most days, and I enjoyed every minute. Go Knights!
Best school ever! I've been an FISD student since kindergarten and love it. Principal Walagua is great with his faculty and the students. He even makes sure you get a little surprise on your birthday (like a Sonic drink!) He encourages the faculty and staff to attend clubs and activities, which they do. We have so many GREAT traditions (which I really miss this year because of COVID. The best teachers work here!