Independence High School is a top rated, public school located in Frisco, TX. It has 1,825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Independence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+215 Students
- A+172 Students
- A-132 Students
- A131 Students
- B+98 Students
- A-96 Students
- A+95 Students
- A79 Students
- A-78 Students
- A+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Independence High School Reviews
Independence is a great school, and what makes it so is the staff. Like any school, there can be a few teachers that aren't the most wonderful, but the majority of the staff are committed to educating their students. Apart from that, I find the culture at Independence is way healthier than surrounding high schools. Independence is comparatively more competitive with high-achieving students, but the culture created by the staff is to promote inclusion and amiable collaboration among students. I'm so blessed to have gone to school here. Go Knights!
Independence High School is a excellent school to prepare young students for the future. It is a good environment to study and develop academic and educational skills. My personal experience was very good and they prepared me well academically for the next stage of my life, collage. I moved from Puerto Rico to Texas during my senior year and I can affirm that the education of Independence High School was really helpful for my life. One of the challenges I feared when moved from my hometown was the language, and the IHS ESL program and the teacher gave me more confidence to develop my language skills. Other things I want to highlight are the counseling service, collage readiness and safety. The school brings resources to give them the tools they need for collage. There are very good regulations and rules and regulations for safety. I would change the food service by adding more food. options.
Overall, a very good school. Beautiful architecture and a courtyard for students to eat lunch in. Administration can sometimes be hard to deal with, especially assistant princepals and a few teachers that make learning the curriculum harder on their students. The visual art program is well known in the school district, and has broken records for going to state. There are many sports students can choose to participate in as well as a wide variety of classes to choose from. However, since this is a relatively new school, they are still trying to figure out traditions and they dont offer a huge variety of clubs.