Independence High School is a top rated, public school located in Frisco, TX. It has 1,715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Independence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+204 Students
- A+160 Students
- A-121 Students
- A118 Students
- A-91 Students
- B+90 Students
- A+84 Students
- A73 Students
- A-72 Students
- A+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Independence High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Independence High School Reviews
Independence High School does a good job of making every student feel cared for in any situation. Though it is a fairly young school, there is an abundance of school spirit and pride. Almost each and every student is proud to be a Knight! However, high schools across Frisco ISD could do a better job of preparing students for college. College is a totally different ball game, and students need to understand how it's different, how it works, and be prepared for it.
Independence high school was a great experience for me. I learned to grow within myself while going out of my comfort zone and experiencing new things. Through the many courses that I took at independence, I have expanded my knowledge and felt very produce at this school. Independence created many opportunities for me that I have very much appreciated. This school provides amazing academics, safety, opportunities, college readiness, as well as interactive activities like sports. Overall, this school was an eye opening experience and I am glad I went to Independence High School.
Independence High School has a great student community. Not only do we have countless clubs and organizations for all different types of interest but students also provide a competitive environment that inspires success in others. However, the faculty at IHS is lacking. Most teachers at our school lack the ability or focus to teach and students tend to rely on self-studying to pass their exams. Additionally, the administration at the school is very impartial and unfair to students and the counselors are not supportive.