Independence High School Reviews

Independence is a great school with great teachers who care about their students. They have a diverse group of students on campus. Academically, Independence offers a lot of programs that help students grow and learn new and exciting things. They offer programs like AVID to help students prepare for college. There are many diverse clubs and activities offered on campus. For those who enjoy playing sports, Independence offers an array of sports such as football, basketball, swimming, tennis, track, cross country, softball, and volleyball.
Opened in 2008, this school is fairly new to the district, though it may not have consistently stellar sports teams, the environment is friendly, the teachers are AMAZING and there are a ton of ways to get involved, such as the Energy & Utilities Career Academy, Student Government or National Honors Society. From other friends at high school's nearby, I learned that the friendly environment and cohesive culture is not something that is present at all other high schools, it's pretty unique to our campus, I would highly recommend coming here, the teachers will help you get to where you want to be, offer tons of ways to prepare for college, but is not so hyper-focused on academics where you feel overwhelming pressure to succeed.
Staff and security guards do a lot "favoritism". Almost everyone there is a snake. Security guards will take away your phone and hat even while you're putting it away. Not every Honor society gets a cord, although they should. Counselors will only talk to the top 10 students of each of their class and don't help the others.
Start Your Review of Independence High School
This is a great High school. Having attended all four years I appreciated how supportive the staff was. Some teachers would go above and beyond for their students, just to see the succeed. There was not much school spirit but there wss many resources for students, including getting prepared for college.
The faculty that I had was very well-read and interesting. The best part of any school is the staff and professors, and I believe IHS was a good match for me. I still keep in touch and am encouraged by my previous teachers. The facilities at the university are brand new (it was opened in 2008) and the events held at IHS are fun. I am very proud to have been a falcon and I hope other future high school students can be lucky enough to go to a school like Independence. I wish our campus had been an open campus and that it wasn't out in the middle of nowhere, but beyond that, I have no other complaints!
The teachers are very kind to their students and wish they obtain happiness with the desicions they choose to partake in. You also have thousands of opportunities to choose from by having numerous of options to choose from the clubs you'd like to join.
Independence High School is a great school for any incoming freshman or transfers from another high school. It boasts a wonderful faculty and staff that are willing to help you with anything. If you have any questions or needs, most likely someone is there willing to help you. All the teachers are well qualified, and the courses help you prepare for college. Everyone treats each other as family. Overall, it is an excellent school.
The teachers and staff were great and I was informed well through out my years at this school. I never failed a class. If you ever need help deciding your future, the teachers at this school will help guide you. They were awesome and answered all of my questions!
Independence High School is a wonderful High School where I had the chance to meet the greatest students ever. The teachers were also great too. And there are also fun events.
The science department of this school offers amazing tips and college advice if you spend the time to listen to them.
Independence high school is extremely diverse and the teachers care to be more than teachers to you.
I really appreciate the courses offered at his school, and the teachers are quite exceptional. I love the atmosphere among the students who are very supportive and friendly. However, there is a lack of school spirit within the student body and very little to none parental involvement in anything. Overall, the school is very enjoyable and provides beneficiary courses that prepare students for college.
I liked some of the teachers. They were great and made it easy to ask questions. There isn’t much school spirit though. I also didn’t like the counseling.
I didn't do anything in high school. I was in the Key Club my freshman year but it was disbanded after the seniors who ran the club graduated. So really, I had a generic high school experience. But hey, if I was able to have a good time while simultaneously doing nothing, Independence High School truly was a great school.
Independence High School is a diverse, and unique school. This high school is dedicated to ensuring the students receive the greatest high school experience, are genuine, make sure they're doing well in there academics, and allowing and making sure the students are highly involved in school activities. Independence is an amazing school, and prepares their students for college very well.
Its a great school, with great opportunities and it honestly has some great teachers. Its has great sports and a good music program. The clubs are great and there is tons to do.
What I liked about this school was the amount of motivation that came from certain teachers. In highschool most students are worried not only about their gpa but their identity and purpose. There were a couple teachers who truly cared about our future and would constantly share personal stories to encourage us to strive to do our best and that as long as we did that, failure would be the least of our worries. I learned the meaning of dedication, responsibility, and leadership. Because of this school’s efforts, I am now a successful college student who knows how to prioritize and manage my time correctly.
Start Your Review of Independence High School
The teachers were great to get along with. They actually wanted to help you and see you succeed. The were taking the time to go over lessons again if your were struggling and they would help you out individually if you needed it. They volunteered for after school tutoring and they worried that they weren't getting paid for it. They were actually there for you and not the pay check.
What I liked about Independence High School is how diverse the school is and the connections you make with not only your classmates but as well as the teachers. The thing that I see could change is the amount of school spirit we have now to develop so much more in the future.
I went all four years here and got to graduate here in 2015. It was a fantastic experience and I am glad that I got to enjoy my high school memories here.