Independence Elementary School Reviews

Have no complaints. Only have experience with two grade levels but both have been excellent. Knowledgeable teachers who genuinely care about their students and build them up not only to be better learners, but better people.
Came into this school with two kids who had been moved around a bit - it was one child's 4th elementary school in 7 years. Found Indy to be welcoming, accommodating, friendly, helpful and encouraging to both of my children. Teachers and Admin go out of their way to make sure kids are safe, cared for and in a quality learning environment. As a parent, I've never been rebuffed by a teacher or admin - never not had a reply to an email or text (usually within hours, if not minutes.) This is the school experience I wish my kids have had from the beginning.
Kids are supportive of this school. It's an elementary school, so no organized sports teams on premises.
Start Your Review of Independence Elementary School
This is an elementary school and there are some extracurricular activities provided - most at a cost like after school programs/classes, etc. The PTA holds movie nights and other fun activities. I wish there was more for the upperclassmen, but Jr. High should have more to offer. This is a large school but there always seems to be something going on.
I feel this campus is very safe, compared to other schools my children have attended. The front door is locked during school hours and visitors are buzzed in while being monitored by a video camera. My children feel safe at school.
There is not a whole lot of diversity at this school, compared to schools my child has attended in SC (large African-American population) and Southern California (large Asian population.) However, I can say that the students here were very accepting of a new student (my daughter) who moved here for the last year of elementary. Many of these kids have been together since kindergarten, yet they have been very friendly and accepting to a new classmate from another state. The administration, guidance and faculty at this school are very friendly and were very helpful with the transition for both of my children to this new school.