Incarnate Word Academy Reviews

I have had an amazing time at Incarnate word so far, especially with the friends I have made. I look forward to the years to come. I will miss Ms. Frida, and her food, but the new lunch provider is amazing as well.
Incarnate Word Academy has helped me to become more confident through a very welcoming environment. They help to support your goals in life and prepare you for the future!
My experience has been great at Incarnate Word Academy. The sisterhood here is like nothing I’ve experienced before, I made new friends that I know I will be friends with for life. My teachers have been so supportive of me during my struggles and accomplishments. I also have had great opportunities by being a part of Campus Ministry, my faith has improved so much. It’s truly been a lie changing experience and I can’t wait to see what senior year has in store for me.
Start Your Review of Incarnate Word Academy
Everyone is very nice and always there for each other. The bonds you make are strong and real. The teachers are passionate and eager to teach the students. The admissions team is very caring and does their best to promote the school. The academics are challenging but manageable and help is given when needed.
I love my high school. They have teachers there to preparo the students for College and other life skills.
Incarnate Word Academy is an amazing school that well prepares its students for life in college. It is an all girls school in downtown Houston, which is a great place to explore and hang out. The Incarnate Word Academy is based on academics, spirituality, and service shaping its students into women of the Word. It is a great place to create life long bonds, and a school that I highly recomend for anyone looking to have a successful future.
I love the sisterhood at Incarnate Word and the teachers truly care about the students and their futures in college. Only thing is that it is kind fo strict, so school spirit is low at times.
My favorite thing about Incarnate Word Academy is the sisterhood unlike any other that makes everyone feel as a part of a big family.
I spent my entire four years of high school at Incanate Word and have enjoyed it. There have been tough times, but I know that it has all worked to lead me to who I am and what I have achieved. The leadership skills I, and many others, have acquired are 100% due to the influence of the school and the teachers.
I started IWA when I was a freshman and now, I am a senior. I am glad that I chose this school because the workload and academic rigor given to the students helps them to prepare for college, the teachers are always willing to help and tutor students, and the school community of the school is absolutely loving and caring. You can definitely feel the sisterhood once you step into the school during school hours. Overall, I do not regret my decision to come to IWA and it helped me to develop my character and my willingness to be a leader after I graduate.
Over my four years at Incarnate Word, I've had an amazing experience. I feel that with all of the resources that Incarnate Word has provided me with, I have been able to grow more as a student and become an overall better person. Additionally, the teachers always have the best interest of the students. My experience at Incarnate Word Academy has been amazing!
I have overwhelmingly loved my experience at Incarnate Word Academy! I would not change my high school experience for anything. The small community, sisterhood, and theology is what makes Incarnate Word, Incarnate Word. The school has less than 400 people and the admissions team says the school will never go beyond that number. I know all 80 people in my classification and proudly call all of them my sisters. The reason I am not giving 5 stars is because there are a lot of restrictions on the students that keep our sports programs from their full potential, seniors from fully enjoying their senior year, etc. Regardless of the restrictions, IWA gave me an amazing education in Theology and I would not be at the place I am in my faith without the great teachers and extracurriculars we have based around the Catholic faith. I love Incarnate Word, no doubt and I would not have wanted to go anywhere else.
Incarnate Word Academy is a school with great factors, but some really poor ones. at IWA you experience many situations that really prepare you for the road ahead. The teachers, most of them, are amazing, but the administration is awful. As far as education, everything is great, but not a lot of focus towards athletics.
Incarnate Word Academy is a top notch school. The girls at IWA get a well rounded education in a supportive and challenging environment. The students have the unique experience of going to school in downtown Houston and having the best at their fingertips. IWA girls are prepared and ready for their future.
I couldn't be happier that my daughter chose to attend IWA four years ago. I have seen her blossom from a shy middle school student to a confident young woman. She isn't afraid to lean into challenges or get involved even when it seems intimidating. She has grown in Academics, Values, and Spirituality and it is clear from the alumnae that visit the school that she will be prepared for college and beyond. Praised be the Incarnate Word!
Our daughters are thriving at Incarnate Word Academy. It is very rigorous academically, but all of the teachers are eager to help if any additional assistance is needed. The club activities are great and allow some excellent leadership opportunities. The leadership program is an absolute unique gem preparing these young ladies for college and beyond. The genuine caring environment is a rare find.
IWA truly enhances every aspect of a student through compassionate, capable teaching and character-building, well-rounded extracurricular activities, all while promoting a sound sense of leadership with a solid foundation in faith!
Start Your Review of Incarnate Word Academy
IWA is a really special place. It may only take up half a city block but the growth and sisterhood contained within the walls are immeasurable. I, like every other high schooler in the history of the world, have gone through a period of disliking my high school experience, but I can never bring myself to trash talk the school as others do; in my opinion the things they dislike and blame on the administration, etc. are things that are common for every person in every high school. (eg. homework loads, scheduling errors, even uniforms--heck, if you don't want a uniform, go to a public school, but even then you'll get dress coded.) IWA has such a rich legacy from 1873 onward; It's crazy how many times I've been stopped while out and about in the greater Houston area because somebody noticed my uniform or school shirt and had to tell me "My mom went there!" or "My sister went there, it's such an amazing school!"
I loved the sisterhood at Incarnate Word Academy and the comfort in knowing that every single teacher is there to help you succeed and gives as much help that is needed. The front office is very disorganized after Ms. Molina resigned, but the faculty and staff is very hardworking, loving, and understanding.
I love Incarnate Word Academy. I am currently a junior at IWA, at first I wasn't expecting it to be as great as how it turned out to be. Many people turn away from IWA at first due to its small size (approx. 300 students total), but I have fallen in love with IWA b/c it gives me so much more attention in the classroom, and it also provides a feeling of a tight-night community and this incredible sisterhood. Every girl at IWA is caring, genuine, and friendly. The teachers are also very nice and a lot of them have graduate degrees or higher. The teachers are always available forntutoring. Community involvement is super present at IWA, and so is leadership. At IWA there is the unique Young Leaders Program, which is not at any other school in the country. We aren't known for our athletics or school spirit, but we have great academics and service and leadership opportunities. When comes graduation, many girls feel ready for college and ready to move on to the next chapter of their lives!