Imlay City High School is a public school located in Imlay City, MI. It has 665 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 28 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Imlay City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- B44 Students
- A43 Students
- B40 Students
- B+35 Students
- B34 Students
- C29 Students
- A+29 Students
- B-26 Students
- C+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Imlay City High School Reviews
I have had a very positive experience at Imlay City High School. I've always felt safe and well cared for. The staff is constantly encouraging students to work hard and as Principal Eddy always says, "Do your best learning!" The only thing that needs improving are the bathrooms. Many of the doors do not lock and some of the stalls are missing doors all together. Also, some of the sinks do not work. The bathrooms have been in poor condition for my past 3 years in high school, but I am hopeful that they will be fixed this year. Overall, Imlay City High School has given me a very positive high school experience and I look forward to finishing out my last year there.
The size of the school benefitted the staff and students more than you could imagine. I loved that I knew everyone in my classes and all of the teachers at my school; not many kids can say they had the same experience. We had numerous teachers who I would've felt comfortable going to if I had a problem in my classes or even had a conflict with another student. I think it is important to have an experience like mine. I would recommend the district to anyone.
Imlay City High School was ok as far as learning. Other than that, the bullying rate was way up there, and the principal won't do anything about it. The counselors force you to take classes you don't want to and one of the sub teachers insulted me and my friends, who have learning disabilities, in front of the class. Usually the math teachers have "no time at all" to help you with any homework you're struggling with.