Illinois Valley High School is a public school located in Cave Junction, OR. It has 356 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Illinois Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-26 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+15 Students
- B12 Students
- B+8 Students
- C+8 Students
- A6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Illinois Valley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Illinois Valley High School Reviews
The school has a high teacher turn over rate, sometimes for good sometimes for worst. I have two siblings that have graduated from there and they had good staff at the time but then my freshmen year the staff started changing. I had to leave a quater into the school year because a teacher was playing anti military videos in freshmen forum. I came back my junior year because I heard he had left the school to go back to his home town and discovered the staff was going back to bwing good again.
I liked the overall atmosphere. The teachers were respectful, the curriculum was engaging, and the students were very friendly. Overall, its a good school to go to for a small town.
I like how the teachers are caring and will help you if you have any dilemmas ( this includes not schoolwork related issues.) I like my school, however: It is very small and the students there are very unorthodox and do not consider their surroundings while doing vile things.