Illinois Valley Central High School is an above average, public school located in Chillicothe, IL. It has 639 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Illinois Valley Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-58 Students
- B+48 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+40 Students
- B25 Students
- A16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- A13 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Illinois Valley Central High School
- C+Henry-Senachwine High School
- Henry-Senachwine Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 32 reviews
- A-Metamora High School
- Public School
- Metamora, IL
- 152 reviews
- A-Washington Community High School
- Public School
- Washington, IL
- 116 reviews
- BMidland High School
- Midland Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 27 reviews
Illinois Valley Central High School Reviews
I feel that this school prepared me very well for my time in college. The classes that I took here were equivalent to the lectures I have taken in fairly upper level college classes, especially for the science and mathematics sections. There were not an excessive amount of clubs to join, but I feel that there were fairly enough of them to make my time at the school interesting and entertaining. The teachers were always very caring and were incredibly intelligent. Plus, with all the AP courses offered at the school, the overall academic experience was fantastic.
Overall kind of terrible, people are rude and we have major drug problems. Other than that it's still bad, not good quality education and there's not enough money to give to anything other than football. So if you break a beaker in science, you're fresh out of luck because they won't buy another one to replace it. Oh and don't even think about having funding for the music programs, there's literally none. A thousand a year maybe? Kind of awful
The thing that I love most about Illinois Valley Central is all of the activities you can be in and the people that attend. I have learned that what you put into the school is what you get out of it. The more that I am involved, the more fun it is!