Illini West High School is a public school located in Carthage, IL. It has 376 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
600 Miller St
Carthage, IL 62321
Illini West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+29 Students
- A16 Students
- B15 Students
- B12 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+10 Students
- B10 Students
- B+9 Students
- A8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Illini West High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Illini West High School
- B-Warsaw Senior High School
- Warsaw Community Unit School District No. 316, IL
- 25 reviews
- B-Southeastern Junior/Senior High School
- Southeastern Community Unit School District No. 337, IL
- 10 reviews
- B-Keokuk High School
- Keokuk Community School District, IA
- 56 reviews
- BHamilton Junior/Senior High School
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District No. 328, IL
- 2 reviews
Illini West High School Reviews
Illini West is an average high school. It does not really allow students to excel in a particular subject, as not many classes are available. I would like to see more options for students to have when taking STEM classes. Some teachers act as though they do not care about the students' well being and only want to get through the day.
I would like to see a new building come in place in the upcoming years so all students can be in one building together. Also, I love the teachers and the work that they do to ensure student success. They give you all the tools you need for college.
There are some teachers who favor certain types of students. Like for instance, if you're an althetemail then they'llama be more likely to help you. Some teachers favor you by gender. Some teachers know what their doing when they teach.