Illini Central High School is a public school located in Mason City, IL. It has 238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
208 N West Ave
Mason City, IL 62664
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+21 Students
- B+18 Students
- B15 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
- B7 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Illini Central High School
- B-PORTA High School
- Porta Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 40 reviews
- B-Midwest Central High School
- Midwest Central Community Unit School District No. 191, IL
- 38 reviews
- B+Delavan High School
- Delavan Community Unit School District No. 703, IL
- 10 reviews
- B-Athens Senior High School
- Athens Community Unit School District No. 213, IL
- 26 reviews
Illini Central High School Reviews
It is a decent school overall but with administration changing practically every year I think many students' educational careers suffered. Also, some of the surrounding school districts have a much more advanced curriculum and are a semester to a year ahead of IC.
Overall, all of the teachers here want you to succeed. If you need any help with any subject that you are enrolled in, the teachers are always open to helping out any student. Subjects get increasingly difficult throughout the four years that you are here, which is a nice transition into college classes. I feel that I am ready for whatever comes my way.
I've moved a lot and settled at one school for the rest of my years in school at IC when I was in 4th grade. I automatically made friends on the first day. The students and staff are very friendly and know what they are doing, of course, there are some days that they may be worm out but we've all been there and teachers aren't perfect. Food isn't bad, and classes are well organized. I do wish there was a little more offered but we do have a lot of options. There is drama, varying on what 'group' you are friends with. Drugs are somewhat common outside of school however. I tried to hit everything that people look at in a school.