COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
In-person classes have resumed, with precautions, while some students continue with remote learning. For the most current information on Idyllwild Arts Academy's COVID-19 response, please visit this link: Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade unavailable
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade C minus
The Idyllwild Arts Academy provides pre-professional training in the arts and a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum to a diverse student body of gifted young artists from all over the world.
Our idyllic mountaintop campus provides a perfect backdrop for in-depth artistic exploration and academic growth. Students learn from a diverse and accomplished faculty that has included celebrated artists like Ansel Adams, Merce Cunningham, & Pete Seeger.
Graduates of Idyllwild Arts Academy currently excel in every professional field of the arts including Broadway theatre, primetime television, classical and jazz music, motion pictures, graphic design, photography and more.
Our Arts Majors include:
FILM & DIGITAL MEDIA
In addition to our regular school year program (Sept-May), Idyllwild Arts offers summer workshops including Jazz in the Pines, ESL, Native American Arts, and a full menu of Arts Intensives.
Idyllwild Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+49 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B+14 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A minus12 Students
- grade B+11 Students
- grade A+11 Students
Summer Programs at Idyllwild Arts
We are thrilled to announce that we will be offering in-person workshops on our beautiful Idyllwild campus this summer, continuing our tradition of offering the highest caliber programs and intensives for the experience of a lifetime. Summer Arts Programs for Teens include Creative Writing, Dance, Film, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts. Academic options include ESL and mathLAB.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
- Performances by students30%
- International dinner21%
- School trips21%
- All school meetings15%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Idyllwild Arts Academy Reviews
So many students have gone on to fantastic colleges, successful careers and highly enriched lives with beautiful memories for a lifetime! <3
All the staff including the academic teachers, music faculty and administration at Idyllwild are incredibly supportive. When some students couldn't make it back to campus (covid), they scheduled classes that students in Asia could take at reasonable times of the day -- adding incredible complexity for the school but trying to make life bearable for students.