The Idyllwild Arts Academy provides pre-professional training in the arts and a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum to a diverse student body of gifted young artists from all over the world.
Idyllwild Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- A9 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Idyllwild Arts Academy
Idyllwild Arts Academy Reviews
Arts departments are varied. Dance and theatre are very time consuming and rigorous. Other majors are not as stressful. You have to push yourself to really succeed and get the most out of your education. A lot have changes in faculty has happened the last two years. There are new department heads for theatre, music, inter arts, and film. Theatre has had the hardest time adjusting to the new head. The MT program is not very good anymore and the program emphasizes classical theatre now.
There is a very unbalanced female/male ratio at the school in general. This gives boy advantages for casting in dance and theatre but disadvantages girls. There are not very many attractive straight boys and most of them feel entitled. The hookup culture is a big deal but leads to lots of jealousy and gossip.
Plenty of students smoke/ drink.
Asian students are very divided from the rest of the school.
There are plenty of fun field trips to museums, concerts, plays, shopping, the beach, skiing, and ,theme parks in cities like Los Angeles and San Diego.
Students are very friendly for the most part and very accepting. It is a very liberal campus and you will rarely meet someone who is conservative. Students are unique, hipsters, and very talanted.
Overall I am glad I attended Idyllwild and would recommend it.
The arts programs are great. Student's definitely get great artistic training and make remarkable progress. There is a wonderful, diverse mix of talented students who really encourage each other's creative growth. I think for creative students, IAA is a remarkable place.
The academics are hit and miss. There are some excellent teachers. But there is a lot of turnover, so you never know what you will get from year to year. Rather than developing a clear, focused academic strategy, the administration churns through teachers, hoping the next hire will be adequate.