Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Ider School is an above average, public school located in Ider, AL. It has 646 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Ider School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B55 Students
- B53 Students
- A42 Students
- A-40 Students
- A35 Students
- A-34 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Ider School Reviews
Ider is an overall wonderful school. I enjoy the close interactions with the teachers. However, one thing I would like to see changed is the lack of books being used. Technology is a great source, but kids should also know how to locate research through books.
My experience at Ider High School has been really great. I couldn't have asked for better teachers to teach me throughout my schooling there. The campus is great just wish to see a new softball field and new gym there. Also we could have a better place to park our cars instead of gravel we should have paved and lined off area with numbers for our parking permit that we buy. Our administration is excellent and have really cracked down on the rules. I feel that our school has a great environment for students, teachers, and parents. Our sport programs are great the coaches are all excellent and are very talented as well and deserve a lot of credit for putting up with teens that are disrespectful and that have attitude problems. I play softball at Ider and I love the softball program. The parents are very involved in the diamond back club and with us in softball. We have a winning record for a long time and been to state two years.
At Ider High School, you get the full, less dramatic, high school experience. The people at Ider are wonderful; however, the education isn’t as great.