IDEA Frontier College Preparatory Reviews

The mission of IDEA Frontier is to prepare students for college in that essence the school makes an extraordinary job in doing so. The faculty is always eager to help and you never find yourself lost because there is always someone to ask for help. The academic program at IDEA is tedious and at times difficult but it teaches the students to get a sense of college will work which helped me a lot. One thing IDEA should change is the amount of independence that they give to students. As a student I relied too much on my teachers and faculty but never relied on myself to answer a question or try to figure it out on my own.
I love that Idea really wants to prepare us for college and push us over our limits to the point where I, myself, have found new boundaries I could reach. Idea Frontier is family oriented like my class of 2020 we are a very tight little family who always got each others back. The only thing I wish though is I want more clubs and after school activities. My school kinda lacks at it because no one will sponsor. And we need to show appreciation for our sport teams when they win. Idea is a ghost when it comes to the need for more actives and opportunities for students looking to join something. And the thing is when we do have UIL for some reason they lack to notify students. And by the time they want to sign up it's too late. And for me,a junior. Suffering from anxiety has trouble speaking up about this. I really want to join and be a part of something but it's hard when there really isn't anything to do.
At IDEA Frontier College Prepatory, the school staff are very friendly and easy to talk to. Each teacher will always guide a student when they are falling behind. The students there are always helping one another and will look out for one another when they are struggling in class.
Start Your Review of IDEA Frontier College Preparatory
I loved how rigorous the content was. I feel I was genuinely prepared for collage. The teachers were ivy league grads and were young, so they were relatable, which made learning from them a lot easier.
I've been at IDEA since 6th grade and every year was different. High school was extremely difficult and I was part of the second class to take IB. Although the school was better prepared, it was extremely stressful and I often got sick from the stress. Some of the subjects are not difficult but the workload is huge. Overall, it does what it says and gets you ready for the stress that college brings.
I had an amazing experience in my high school by having the help that I need. Administration in this school never says no to low income students eager to learn and have a bright future. If one as a student does not have enough requirements met to go to college, then you will be offered an infinite amount of resources by your teacher to increase your test scores and grades. Teachers on this campus, make sure every single student is learning and on track to college. Since we have small classes compared to the district schools, we have more attention from our teachers and counselors. Finally, IDEA can probably improve in the amount of tasks or homework given to students. They can improve this by coming to an agreement with a decent amount of work.
Middle school at IDEA Frontier was quite the experience. We received a lot of help when needed, so that when we entered high school, we were fully aware of the opportunities available for us. The jump from middle school to high school was not too bad since the teachers really helped us through.
I like that they really push us to work hard because as a future college student we know it is going to be hard. For juniors and seniors we have the IB program which is very rigorous but we still manage to get through it even if we have to take medication to stay awake at night because of all the homework. I like that we can feel safe because we have people always watching over us. We have very well trained teachers that care about our education, so they make us do work even though we do not want to .
I have been in this school since I was in kindergarten and I have seen it develop over the years. It has turned out amazing and I am feeling confident about going to college. This school really helps their students reach their dreams. Even though students do not see this, there is a lot of us who like the school, know what is really the end result of our lives. I love the fact that all of administration and all the students are there to help one another.
Here in IDEA Frontier , we put 100% every day not only inside the classroom but outside as well. Our academics are the most preeminent throughout south Texas, our mission being that everyone in the senior class not only graduate but get accepted into a four year university . In IDEA frontier , academics plays a key role , which also explains why there are not so many sports on campus , which is why all our teachers have a 4 year degree in a university . As a IDEA student , throughout my experience , IDEA has helped me prepare for college through their International Baccalaureate program . Although IDEA is lacking in clubs and sports , they make up with interesting experiences such as our out of state field lessons to universities . Above all my experience in IDEA has had a positive impact on me and how I view college .
Although IDEA's priority is to send 100% of its students to college and the rigor is intense, administration lacks. The implementation of the IB program was very unorganized and uncoordinated.
In this experiment I will be able to evaluate the the effects of the drug Erythropoietin(EPO) on a males cyclist performance. When collecting over the matter, I will be able to answer the question How does erythropoietin(EPO) affect, either hurting or enhancing, top 10 male cyclists’ performance in Tour de France, seasons 1998-2011? This topic is relevant since it analyzes an artificial substance(EPO), which replicates a human's natural hormone, and its effect on a human body through the trial stated above. This topic is of interest since it addresses a problem surrounding the sporting community, being doping. However, cycling is in question since it is known as one of the most common sports popular fro drug/stimulant intake. This experiment will help me discover how affected/popular the idea of doping is in cycling and the effect itself on the performance of a cyclist.
What I like about IDEA is the diversity and the help I receive from the teachers and administration. I have been here for 6 years and in those six years I have met teachers and students that have helped me along the way that have helped me succeed not only in school, but in everything. Counselors have pushed me to become someone that I never dreamt of achieving and pushed me to apply to colleges that were in my reach but I was too scared to apply to. What I want to see change is the sports and the funding for sports and other extracurricular activities.
I've been in Idea for almost 9 years. The curriculum of this school system is great, I love how we are said to be graduating with honors and all these cheerful titles, but all this, is flawed. They say they prepare us for college, they say they prepare us to be strong individuals, but instead they drain us. A challenge is great for a developing mind, but this school does not understand the difference. So far, I have nothing but break downs and tons of homework each week. The school does not consider the students as individuals, they consider them as bags of money. I believe this school has made me anxious and paranoid. Don't get me wrong though, I love the core values, especially the "No Excuses" one.
IDEA Frontier College Preparatory is a school that prepares students from K-12 to realize the potential they have in themselves and be able to show threw the core values to the community.
IDEA has a simple goal for all students and that is that 100% of students attend college and I think every school should have this mindset when it comes to students maintaining a better education for themselves. The one thing I wish they did better on is having that basic high school experience. IDEA does focus on academics more than anything and so therefore they put school spirit as their last priority.
I have been a student here since I was in first grade and It has been a wonderful experience to be in a knit tight group of students and faculty
Start Your Review of IDEA Frontier College Preparatory
The curriculum was very strict, with not many opportunities to select future career oriented classes. The teachers were very encouraging, and the school culture is unique.
I have been at IDEA Frontier College Preparatory since the second grade and I am currently a senior. My past experiences with my school were as you can say an average from a normal student at any school but the only difference was the support system here at IDEA. The teachers, counselors, administrators, and coaches are so close to the students. Of course, the only thing that kept our secret hatred was the uniform policy. We have to wear our uniforms everyday except on Friday's where we can wear a college spirit shirt, blue jeans of course with a belt, black shoes, and shirt tucked in. Now that is one thing I hope the school would change because we students love to express at least one day of comfortable clothes. Either way, I loved attending my school because it was really a team and family type of environment. Also the fact that I joined the Cross Country and Track team since the 7th grade and bond between the sport and I are strong.
My experience at IDEA Frontier College Preparatory has been life-changing. IDEA Frontier is a school with the goal of getting all of its high school students to and through college. This is a significant goal to my school because we are located in one of the poorest and less-educated cities in the United States and IDEA wants to change that by incorporating values like No Excuses and 100% Everyday. Through these values, IDEA achieves to form well-rounded students with a desire to attend college.