IDEA Frontier College Preparatory is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Brownsville, TX. It has 788 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B126 Students
- A+112 Students
- NG101 Students
- B93 Students
- B+84 Students
- A+78 Students
- B-75 Students
- B73 Students
- B+69 Students
- B+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like IDEA Frontier College Preparatory
- C-Premier High School of Brownsville
- Premier High Schools, TX
- 2 reviews
- A-Brownsville Early College High School
- Brownsville Independent School District, TX
- 214 reviews
- B-Port Isabel High School
- Point Isabel Independent School District, TX
- 72 reviews
- BLos Fresnos High School
- Los Fresnos Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 485 reviews
IDEA Frontier College Preparatory Reviews
In this experiment I will be able to evaluate the the effects of the drug Erythropoietin(EPO) on a males cyclist performance. When collecting over the matter, I will be able to answer the question How does erythropoietin(EPO) affect, either hurting or enhancing, top 10 male cyclists’ performance in Tour de France, seasons 1998-2011? This topic is relevant since it analyzes an artificial substance(EPO), which replicates a human's natural hormone, and its effect on a human body through the trial stated above. This topic is of interest since it addresses a problem surrounding the sporting community, being doping. However, cycling is in question since it is known as one of the most common sports popular fro drug/stimulant intake. This experiment will help me discover how affected/popular the idea of doping is in cycling and the effect itself on the performance of a cyclist.
I had an amazing experience in my high school by having the help that I need. Administration in this school never says no to low income students eager to learn and have a bright future. If one as a student does not have enough requirements met to go to college, then you will be offered an infinite amount of resources by your teacher to increase your test scores and grades. Teachers on this campus, make sure every single student is learning and on track to college. Since we have small classes compared to the district schools, we have more attention from our teachers and counselors. Finally, IDEA can probably improve in the amount of tasks or homework given to students. They can improve this by coming to an agreement with a decent amount of work.
I love that Idea really wants to prepare us for college and push us over our limits to the point where I, myself, have found new boundaries I could reach. Idea Frontier is family oriented like my class of 2020 we are a very tight little family who always got each others back. The only thing I wish though is I want more clubs and after school activities. My school kinda lacks at it because no one will sponsor. And we need to show appreciation for our sport teams when they win. Idea is a ghost when it comes to the need for more actives and opportunities for students looking to join something. And the thing is when we do have UIL for some reason they lack to notify students. And by the time they want to sign up it's too late. And for me,a junior. Suffering from anxiety has trouble speaking up about this. I really want to join and be a part of something but it's hard when there really isn't anything to do.