Idea College Prep Weslaco is an above average, public, charter school located in Weslaco, TX. It has 594 students in grades 6-10 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
2931 E Sugar Cane Dr
Weslaco, TX 78599
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Idea College Prep Weslaco
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Idea College Prep Weslaco Reviews
In my opinion, IDEA Weslaco is very organized and functional. The faculty and administration make sure the students are on track for college. Students are required to take AP level classes that increase their chances to receive college credit. Although this is a very good thing, there are still some ways the school can improve. A few ways are by making the school larger since it does include all grade levels from elementary, middle school, and high school. The resources are not always the best because middle school has its classes outside in portables. Also, sports and activities are not as encouraging as they should be. The amount of students participating are few.
I went to IDEA Weslaco College Prep since 6th grade, so I can say I really got to know IDEA's culture and expectations. Many things have changes since 6th grade, no doubt about that. I can say that we are still kind of figuring out the best way to do things and all the programs we have. Although a lot of things changed over the years; including rules, administration, and views, I can say I grew to love our IDEA culture and family. We all act as a family and team. All the teachers, although change almost every two years, have a passion for the students and made us feel like we matter. And that is the best kind of teacher one can have.
In IDEA Weslaco the education is meant for students like me to have a higher chance of going to college. Their everyday goal is to not only make sure that students understand the content but to also have hope in being able to get accepted to a college beneficial to them or their dream school. When I was first introduced to IDEA my thoughts were that it was going to be the same as it is with other public schools. However, my perspectives soon changed due to the fact that here teachers and students cared about what they learned. In most schools, one would expect that students only did what they wanted and teachers not doing something about it. IDEA believes that every student has the potential to have a bright future giving them the hope in that becoming someone in life is possible.