IDEA College Prep - San Benito Reviews

IDEA is a really great school for students to attend because it REALLY helps with applying, getting in, and getting used to college. However, there are a few problems I have had with it. The school food is not at all good. It used to be good a LONG while back but now it is "ok" at its best. There are also some dumb choices that admin makes that are irritating but ultimately insignificant. However, since there are very few students per class, there is really strong bond created amongst the students.
The teachers at IDEA San Benito have been nothing short of absolutely wonderful. Throughout the years I've attended the school (since the start of middle school), the teachers have pushed me, as well the other students, to really grasp the concepts school threw at me. My only gripe about the school is the food, however, considering we live in San Benito, were income is critically low, is fine. We're so poor in fact, that all the students are provided with free lunch, since the majority of students can't afford their meals. Other than the food, the school is absolutely amazing.
I really enjoy my school. I was forced to move there in 6th grade. I thought I would hate it, but I got to meet new people. I made new friends. More importantly, the school really pushed me in my academics. I have become much more motivated to do well in my studies. If I could change anything, I would make the requirements for teachers more strict; generally, my teachers have been really good, but some of my teachers have been really bad.
Start Your Review of IDEA College Prep - San Benito
In the time that I have been with Idea I have learned many valuable lessons in regards to: Leadership, Accountability and Professionalism. I firmly believe that anyone can be lead on the right path to success when enrolled in Idea.
I have been a student of the IDEA Public Schools system since the second grade. Because of this I have really had no experience of what other public schools are like but I do have friends who attend these other schools and some of my peers came from said schools. IDEA has an excellent educational system but its facilities and clubs are substandard.
What I like about IDEA San Benito is the culture. There is a great emphasis on Team and Family in campus which allows both students and staff to help one another on the road to success. A change I would like to see is for there to be more sports offered and less crowded halls. Overall, IDEA San Benito is the place that will lead students to and through college matriculation.
Have been attending IDEA San Benito for 6 years and so far i have enjoyed being here, the teachers are very helpful and they care about their students. The atmosphere has a positive feeling to it and it feels great to be here at school everyday. In my opinion I wouldn't change anything here because we can't really do anything but overall i like the school the way it is.
All IDEA campuses have one goal and that is to get every scholar to and through college. However, IDEA College Prep in San Benito specifically stands out from the rest. With a campus so small, only having no more than 110 students in each grade level, we are able to interact and create unforgetable bonds. Friendships grows throughout all grade levels creating new ideas between all ages. Every scholar is welcomed and safe in the hands of the staff which has made my experience at IDEA unforgettable. In the near future I hope there is a change. Not in academics or teachers, but in the students to realize how privileged they are to attend a school with ambition.
I love this school how teachers push you to go to college. And help you process by process to support student's applications, schoolarships, and etc.
I have been at Idea San Benito since 8th grade and it's nothing like the other schools. The teachers really do care about the students and will help them be successful. The environment here is very welcoming and you get a home feeling.
It's actually not that bad of a school. They really give you all the tools you need to get into and out of college with a degree, and help you bu paying for 8 ACT tests and application waivers. Everyone from my school goes to college. The only thing I'd say is the food is bad and that sometimes they don't really listen to students on things. They can be a lot more involved with us.
This school is focused on preparing kids for college and becoming successful adults. The work is not easy and most of the time kids have homework over the weekend and stay up very late. However, this pays off for all who attend because they have assistance from college counselor, the teachers, and the staff. Most high schools never help their kids when applying to college; IDEA Campuses are an exception. I'm so glad that I had the chance to be with IDEA since the 7th grade, because it has helped me learn how to manage my time and helps me know how much work in college that I have. They even take the students onto trips to visit College campuses in and out of state. I hope that overtime, the school will invest more in engineering opportunities, dual enrollment, and clubs. I also hope that the school will grow and gain more resources.
I like this school because I’ve been here for four years.i have mad a lot of friends here not only in my grade level but other grade levels as well and the teachers. The staff is amazing and well prepared to communicate with parents about many topics and alert the parents as soon as a situation is happening and reassure the parents that their kids are safe at all times.
This school has a system of teachers that really create a strong bond and support system for their kids. They provide many opportunities in the form of collage tour trips and collage summer away programs. Their biggest support comes in the form of assistance in applying to college. This goes as far as paying for collage entire tests as well as providing meetings on FASFA completion. Although this school is more academic focused there are sports programs that a lot of pride is shown for. The one thing i would like to see change is the organization in administration. Often things are poorly planed and information is not always distributed effectively
I loved the family that was created by going through such a difficult school and how most of us came out of the other side with new people next to us than when we began. I could tell you every single person I graduated with because we had such a tight nit family and over seven years we’ve all developed a bond that is stronger than any other group I’ve ever been a part of. This bond will help me make connections at my college, especially with the help of my Alumni Manager. I am thankful for all that Idea has done for me and will continue to do for me, the next 4 years in college will be as successful and enjoyable as Idea had prepared me for. I am ready. The one thing that could probably be improved would be the food. I will never look back on my time at Idea in reminisce, but I will always take what I have learned with my time there and pay those skills forward to becoming a well rounded adult who gives back to their community.
It was great overall. The teachers genuinely care about each student and how well they are doing. The only thing I would change would be the parking spaces, since it is a school for pre-k through 12th grade, a big parking lot is necessary. More than one entrance is also necessary for students since the lines are long because of parents dropping off their children.
Idea prepares their students to achieve their dreams and 100% of their students go to college. Counselors also keep contact with each student to see if they are on the right track on going to college. Teachers are always helping out their students understand the class better and help us out on everything they can like tutoring, extra credit, and answering all our questions.
Start Your Review of IDEA College Prep - San Benito
They strive for student success, and will do everything in their power to help everyone succeed. They advertise as a school which will make sure you go to college, but they really only help with classes and tests scores. AP, IB, and Dual Enrollment is forced, but it does help out in adjusting to increased work loads.

Idea may be aimed to help students go to college, but it isn't a miracle school. They have kicked out students before on the basis of being considered a lost cause as in severe misbehavior and lack of potential. Don't attend Idea expecting to go from a 1.5 GPA to a 3.5 by graduation.
The education at IDEA San Benito College Prep is a life changing experience. I started there as a Sophomore from my traditional Home High School. The rigorous classes and teaching style is something that has prepared me to be confident with my future endeavors and plans. I want everyone to know the importance of a GREAT education and that my expectations were surpassed while attending school here.
IDEA has offered me opportunities to travel to visit many colleges in the US and broaden my horizon for college options. The teachers are truly invested in the students' success and I know I made the right choice for me for my middle school and high school years.