IDEA College Prep - San Benito is an above average, public, charter school located in San Benito, TX. It has 710 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
2151 Russell Ln
San Benito, TX 78586
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+99 Students
- B99 Students
- A+97 Students
- B92 Students
- B85 Students
- A-81 Students
- B-72 Students
- A+70 Students
- A52 Students
- B+50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like IDEA College Prep - San Benito
- NGMid Valley Academy - Mercedes
- Public School
- Mercedes, TX
- 2 reviews
- NGMid Valley Academy - San Benito
- Public School
- San Benito, TX
- A-Early College High School
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 125 reviews
- BMercedes Early College Academy
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 105 reviews
IDEA College Prep - San Benito Reviews
All IDEA campuses have one goal and that is to get every scholar to and through college. However, IDEA College Prep in San Benito specifically stands out from the rest. With a campus so small, only having no more than 110 students in each grade level, we are able to interact and create unforgetable bonds. Friendships grows throughout all grade levels creating new ideas between all ages. Every scholar is welcomed and safe in the hands of the staff which has made my experience at IDEA unforgettable. In the near future I hope there is a change. Not in academics or teachers, but in the students to realize how privileged they are to attend a school with ambition.
This school is focused on preparing kids for college and becoming successful adults. The work is not easy and most of the time kids have homework over the weekend and stay up very late. However, this pays off for all who attend because they have assistance from college counselor, the teachers, and the staff. Most high schools never help their kids when applying to college; IDEA Campuses are an exception. I'm so glad that I had the chance to be with IDEA since the 7th grade, because it has helped me learn how to manage my time and helps me know how much work in college that I have. They even take the students onto trips to visit College campuses in and out of state. I hope that overtime, the school will invest more in engineering opportunities, dual enrollment, and clubs. I also hope that the school will grow and gain more resources.
I loved the family that was created by going through such a difficult school and how most of us came out of the other side with new people next to us than when we began. I could tell you every single person I graduated with because we had such a tight nit family and over seven years we’ve all developed a bond that is stronger than any other group I’ve ever been a part of. This bond will help me make connections at my college, especially with the help of my Alumni Manager. I am thankful for all that Idea has done for me and will continue to do for me, the next 4 years in college will be as successful and enjoyable as Idea had prepared me for. I am ready. The one thing that could probably be improved would be the food. I will never look back on my time at Idea in reminisce, but I will always take what I have learned with my time there and pay those skills forward to becoming a well rounded adult who gives back to their community.