IDEA College Prep - San Benito is an above average, public, charter school located in San Benito, TX. It has 767 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
IDEA College Prep - San Benito Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+122 Students
- B+121 Students
- B119 Students
- B117 Students
- B101 Students
- A+97 Students
- A-86 Students
- B-84 Students
- A67 Students
- B+63 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like IDEA College Prep - San Benito
- NGMid Valley Academy - Mercedes
- Public School
- Mercedes, TX
- 2 reviews
- CMid Valley Academy - San Benito
- Public School
- San Benito, TX
- B+Early College High School
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 133 reviews
- BMercedes Early College Academy
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 117 reviews
IDEA College Prep - San Benito Reviews
has given me first hand experience in university life. Their field lessons not only provided fun, but showed students what to expect when they go to expect when attending college from real university students. Whether it is an after school parade or burning of letters IDEA San Benito has an engaging school spirit that encourages students to get involved within school activities.68 An improvement that can be made by the school is a better sense of communication. Sometimes when announcing events or relaying information the message is received untimely. Ultimately, IDEA College Prep- San Benito has taught me well for my future academics.
IDEA is a school organization that helps students graduate with knowledge about their future and help to get to college. My experience at IDEA San Benito has been memorable as I was introduced into a new culture. As it is a charter school, students understood the value of strict curriculum and expectations. I was able to form good relationships with my teachers and get their help through my years of middle school and high school.
The teachers at IDEA San Benito have been nothing short of absolutely wonderful. Throughout the years I've attended the school (since the start of middle school), the teachers have pushed me, as well the other students, to really grasp the concepts school threw at me. My only gripe about the school is the food, however, considering we live in San Benito, were income is critically low, is fine. We're so poor in fact, that all the students are provided with free lunch, since the majority of students can't afford their meals. Other than the food, the school is absolutely amazing.