IDEA College Prep - San Benito is an above average, public, charter school located in San Benito, TX. It has 710 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
2151 Russell Ln
San Benito, TX 78586
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+101 Students
- A+101 Students
- B99 Students
- B94 Students
- B86 Students
- A-80 Students
- A+76 Students
- B-74 Students
- A53 Students
- B+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like IDEA College Prep - San Benito
- NGMid Valley Academy - Mercedes
- Public School
- Mercedes, TX
- 2 reviews
- NGMid Valley Academy - San Benito
- Public School
- San Benito, TX
- A-Early College High School
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 128 reviews
- BMercedes Early College Academy
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 105 reviews
IDEA College Prep - San Benito Reviews
The teachers at IDEA San Benito have been nothing short of absolutely wonderful. Throughout the years I've attended the school (since the start of middle school), the teachers have pushed me, as well the other students, to really grasp the concepts school threw at me. My only gripe about the school is the food, however, considering we live in San Benito, were income is critically low, is fine. We're so poor in fact, that all the students are provided with free lunch, since the majority of students can't afford their meals. Other than the food, the school is absolutely amazing.
All IDEA campuses have one goal and that is to get every scholar to and through college. However, IDEA College Prep in San Benito specifically stands out from the rest. With a campus so small, only having no more than 110 students in each grade level, we are able to interact and create unforgetable bonds. Friendships grows throughout all grade levels creating new ideas between all ages. Every scholar is welcomed and safe in the hands of the staff which has made my experience at IDEA unforgettable. In the near future I hope there is a change. Not in academics or teachers, but in the students to realize how privileged they are to attend a school with ambition.
This school is focused on preparing kids for college and becoming successful adults. The work is not easy and most of the time kids have homework over the weekend and stay up very late. However, this pays off for all who attend because they have assistance from college counselor, the teachers, and the staff. Most high schools never help their kids when applying to college; IDEA Campuses are an exception. I'm so glad that I had the chance to be with IDEA since the 7th grade, because it has helped me learn how to manage my time and helps me know how much work in college that I have. They even take the students onto trips to visit College campuses in and out of state. I hope that overtime, the school will invest more in engineering opportunities, dual enrollment, and clubs. I also hope that the school will grow and gain more resources.