IDEA College Prep - Mission is an above average, public, charter school located in Mission, TX. It has 779 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
1600 S Schuerbach Rd
Mission, TX 78572
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B184 Students
- A+111 Students
- B94 Students
- A+91 Students
- B+83 Students
- A-80 Students
- B-72 Students
- C+64 Students
- B61 Students
- B+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like IDEA College Prep - Mission
- BIDEA College Prep - Alamo
- Public School
- Alamo, TX
- 33 reviews
- A-IDEA College Prep - San Juan
- Public School
- San Juan, TX
- 124 reviews
- AIDEA Quest College Preparatory
- Public School
- Edinburg, TX
- 180 reviews
- B+Vanguard Rembrandt School
- Vanguard Academy, TX
- PK, K-12
- 45 reviews
IDEA College Prep - Mission Reviews
My experience at IDEA Mission was one that I wouldn't have changed simply because of the teacher involvement and their care for their students was phenomenal. It wouldn't matter if we didn't have the resources to do something, the teachers would time after time use their own money for our learning. The teachers went above and beyond and the counselors would prepare us simultaneously for college. They can't cover everything there is to know about college, but definitely familiarizing with things like FAFSA and other financial matters is something that I feel is essential knowledge to have prior so the process is easier. Overall for college matters, IDEA Mission excelled and continues to check on us alums periodically and offer assistance if we need it. They provide as a back up resource to on campus help and it makes me feel safe that there is always someone I can talk to if I need help and that includes prior teachers as well since they reach out in a similar manner.
Attending IDEA Mission exposed me to become more aware of the benefits of attending college. The school as well offers the opportunity to explore universities since 6th grade so that students can have a sense of what a college environment is like. Additionally, they start exposing their students to college life since their freshman year by sending them to summer programs at universities free of charge. What i loved most is that IDEA guarantees your acceptance into college and they make sure you are on track to achieving your academic goals. With the guidance of an amazing staff that guides your way and offers their time to help students who are willing to be helped offers the immense amount of support that is needed by a student. Although i admit the amount of work is rigorous i can guarantee that it is all worth it at the end. All in all students are prepared to succeed for their bright futures.
I have been attending IDEA Mission since 6th grade, and over the course of the years, I have seen myself become the strong, independent, focused young woman that I am today. And I do have IDEA Mission to thank for most of that. I have learned that I can have a bright and successful future with getting an education. And IDEA's foundation is that. Getting every student to and through college. I have also came to know many amazing people along the way. I wouldn't change my experience at IDEA with anything else.