IDEA College Prep - Mission is an above average, public, charter school located in Mission, TX. It has 779 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
1600 S Schuerbach Rd
Mission, TX 78572
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B213 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+104 Students
- B+103 Students
- B103 Students
- B-92 Students
- A-90 Students
- C+81 Students
- B74 Students
- B+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like IDEA College Prep - Mission
- BIDEA College Prep - Alamo
- Public School
- Alamo, TX
- 33 reviews
- A-IDEA College Prep - San Juan
- Public School
- San Juan, TX
- 125 reviews
- AIDEA Quest College Preparatory
- Public School
- Edinburg, TX
- 187 reviews
- B+Vanguard Rembrandt School
- Vanguard Academy, TX
- PK, K-12
- 45 reviews
IDEA College Prep - Mission Reviews
IDEA College Prep-Mission is one of the best schools I have ever attended.It has plenty of diversity ranging from Latinos, African American,White, and surprisingly Scottish.Everybody gets along really well and the teachers and staff receive us like a team and family.Along with this, I really admire that IDEA'S main goal for every student is to attend college.I strongly believe that what IDEA is doing for future generations is remarkable. Although what I would value for the school to include Is to have better Sports.The main sports every student joins are basketball,soccer,volleyball, and flag football.I would like to see more sports like dodge ball, or regular tackle football at IDEA College Prep-Mission
Idea seems like it's much more structured compared to the average high school, but it's just like any other. Sure they're by your side when it comes to college preparation, however they only direct this attention to their seniors and their seniors only. In terms of academics, they're bombard every junior and senior with unnecessary AP classes in hopes of making us more intelligent, however these advanced classes only hinder our GPA due to the class being too advanced. I remember taking AP physics and barely passing the class with a flat 70 due to it's intensity, and their reliance on a substitute teacher majority of the year. Don't hold your expectations high for this school, it's just like any other.
My experience at IDEA Mission was one that I wouldn't have changed simply because of the teacher involvement and their care for their students was phenomenal. It wouldn't matter if we didn't have the resources to do something, the teachers would time after time use their own money for our learning. The teachers went above and beyond and the counselors would prepare us simultaneously for college. They can't cover everything there is to know about college, but definitely familiarizing with things like FAFSA and other financial matters is something that I feel is essential knowledge to have prior so the process is easier. Overall for college matters, IDEA Mission excelled and continues to check on us alums periodically and offer assistance if we need it. They provide as a back up resource to on campus help and it makes me feel safe that there is always someone I can talk to if I need help and that includes prior teachers as well since they reach out in a similar manner.