IDEA College Prep - Mission is an above average, public, charter school located in Mission, TX. It has 779 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B176 Students
- A+102 Students
- B92 Students
- A+82 Students
- A-80 Students
- B+73 Students
- B-69 Students
- C+62 Students
- B+60 Students
- B57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like IDEA College Prep - Mission
- BIDEA College Prep - Alamo
- Public School
- Alamo, TX
- 30 reviews
- A-IDEA College Prep - San Juan
- Public School
- San Juan, TX
- 124 reviews
- AIDEA Quest College Preparatory
- Public School
- Edinburg, TX
- 179 reviews
- B+Vanguard Rembrandt School
- Vanguard Academy, TX
- PK, K-12
- 43 reviews
IDEA College Prep - Mission Reviews
Attending IDEA Mission exposed me to become more aware of the benefits of attending college. The school as well offers the opportunity to explore universities since 6th grade so that students can have a sense of what a college environment is like. Additionally, they start exposing their students to college life since their freshman year by sending them to summer programs at universities free of charge. What i loved most is that IDEA guarantees your acceptance into college and they make sure you are on track to achieving your academic goals. With the guidance of an amazing staff that guides your way and offers their time to help students who are willing to be helped offers the immense amount of support that is needed by a student. Although i admit the amount of work is rigorous i can guarantee that it is all worth it at the end. All in all students are prepared to succeed for their bright futures.
Our previous principal made no effort to get to know the students personally. However, our new principal has changed the entire atmosphere of the school for the better. He knows most students by name, has provided many opportunities for family involvement, encourages students to be their best, and always makes himself available to students. This makes the school a more personal and close knit community. I enjoy the many opportunities that IDEA Mission has given us, such as yearly field lessons throughout the U.S. (to tour universities). In the past 3 years, I traveled to Louisiana, New York, Washington D.C., and more. I also appreciate that the district pays for all student AP exams. Overall, IDEA College Prep Mission is a place for students to grow and excel academically and socially.
Idea Mission and ultimately every other Idea is structured around the mission of college. This path is certainly beneficial and leads to success in life however it is not the most fitting for all students. The unyielding attitude of college enrollment is effectively a double edged sword. For kids who know that college is a goal they legitimately want to pursue, they will be aided by the small class size, counselors, and program funding availability. Kids who are not invested in college will not do so well, they may find themselves off of the academic shortlist and have little alternatives within the school with a lack of dual enrollment, vocational classes, and developed athletic programs. Students who fall in the gray area between these two characterizations will find success nonetheless, however, if their athletic inclination is phenomenal or they do not want to go to college, consider alternatives.