Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepNG
- Clubs & ActivitiesNG
- Health & SafetyNG
- Resources & FacilitiesNG
Idea Carver College Preparatory is an above average, public, charter school located in San Antonio, TX. It has 505 students in grades 6-11 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+75 Students
- A+74 Students
- B+70 Students
- B62 Students
- B61 Students
- B58 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+48 Students
- A43 Students
- A-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Idea Carver College Preparatory
- B+Idea South Flores College Preparatory
- Idea Public Schools, TX
- 33 reviews
- B+School of Science & Technology - Discovery
- School of Science & Technology Discovery, TX
- PK, K-8
- 1 review
- ASchool of Science & Technology - Alamo
- School of Science & Technology, TX
- PK, K-8
- 10 reviews
- A+Eleanor Kolitz Hebrew Language Academy
- Public School
- San Antonio, TX
- 10 reviews
Idea Carver College Preparatory Reviews
I've been at IDEA Carver College Preparatory since my freshman year, and i'm now a sophomore this year. My experience here compared to my middle school is much better, the school is really active with each and every student, and is there to prepare you for college. The teachers and administrators here do their absolute best to support you and make you successful for the future, such as taking their time to stay after school or on weekends to help you improve on classes you have difficulties with. The food here too is also good, as it provides a healthy diet and the needs to fulfill your stomach. Also, they even give snacks after school ends to make sure you are eating enough food for the day. There clubs and activities are even helpful, as to which they teach you new things on how to be prepared for becoming an adult. Overall, the resources that IDEA Carver College Preparatory provide you with, fit the needs to preparing you for success to your future.
I have been a student since the starting of middle school. The teachers are always showing a way to involve every student no matter in what type of situation or problem the kid have. The staff members are always on top by provide the families with requirements to know about their children’s education. They reason why I still want to be in IDEA it’s because their level of education has allowed to have university classes, be a member of the student council, and even a college summer program committee where its allows my grade to fundraiser in order to spend some time in college during summer. This school has changed my life and the way I see myself in the future. knowing that everyone is alway helping each other and having a really great communication from teachers and them being able to talk to our parents when they need information. I cant wait till i graduate From this school, I’ll be filled with many opportunities in my dream schools and choice of career.
My experience at this school was unimaginable. This school taught me more than academics and sports. I learned who I am and the potential that I carry. Through the guidance of my teachers and peers I was able to know how to socialize, understand the community and the world around me in such a way that if I told myself in the past how amazing and mysterious it was I wouldn’t believed it. And because of my experience here at this school I can now tell myself that I will be a victor and not a victim, I can make today better than yesterday, and that nothing is impossible. In the end I would thank my school for the knowledge, opportunity, and experience that made me the person that I am today.