IDEA Academy - Donna is an above average, public, charter school located in Donna, TX. It has 687 students in grades K-5 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
IDEA Academy - Donna Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review IDEA Academy - Donna
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
IDEA Academy - Donna Reviews
At the idea college prep in Donna,texas, they give the ib program when entering Junior year. This give students a greater opportunity of learning new ideas and perspectives. For instance in the theory of knowledge class, or TOK, we learn a deeper understanding on how our basic knowledge and classes can be related to our daily life. For example, in class we just finished the unit of art l. From this unit I was able to gain a greater knowledge on how art is related to math and sciense,as well as how art has changed over time. In addition the unit gave students a open minded perspective on different culture and religions.
The school nurse can be helpful most of the time. In our school, students are required to sign a medication form. This form allows the nurse to give students who visit the nurses office the permission to receive the medicine. I feel that this is helpful because there is record show that the nurse is able to gibe medication to that certain student. For instance the nurse can't give a random medicatio to a student who doesn't have a sign form,so in sum this form for the nurses office if very helpful and organized all the records of the students.
I feel that there need to be more extracurricular classes available at idea becasue there are only a very few available. For example, a financing class would be an excellent class to be given at idea. The reason being that when many students enter college they don't know what to do or how to save up their money. I feel that this class will be very benefit for juniors and senior students so that they will get a headstart on their savings and investments for college. In addition , they should add a home eco. The reason being that it gives students the basic knowledge on how to do things on their own and prepares students for life on their own.