Idalou High School is a highly rated, public school located in Idalou, TX. It has 281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Idalou High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-63 Students
- B43 Students
- B23 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B16 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+13 Students
- B+13 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Idalou High School
- B+Roosevelt High School
- Roosevelt Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
- BCoronado High School
- Lubbock Independent School District, TX
- 238 reviews
- B-New Deal High School
- New Deal Independent School District, TX
- 47 reviews
- A-Abernathy High School
- Abernathy Independent School District, TX
- 26 reviews
Idalou High School Reviews
Idalou high school was a great school! What I like about the school was that everyone was very supportive in what you do and the teachers would help you get to where you want to be. The teachers weren't just teachers they felt like family. The coaches were outstanding about your goals and achievements as well. If there was one thing I would change about idalou high school, it would have to be the books and calculators that we needed and weren't given. The history books needed to be updated as well as the calculators they provided us with.
Idalou High School is overall a great school. Some of the administrators are obviously partial towards certain students and other administrators. While other administrators are absolutely amazing, unfortunately they are slowly being pushed out by the partial administrators. A majority of the teachers however their feeling towards students are still great teachers and will work with the students if the student is willing to put in the work and time.
Idalou is a place built on hard work that is continually driven by a tradition of success. Each member of the Wildcat Team from the students to the principal are unwavering in their dedication to the furthering of the community, and of themselves. Although not ornamented with the nicest football stadium or updated facilities, Idalou adorns itself with trophies won from competitions of academics and athletics; continually proving its essence of excellence. As you can see, I have come to bleed green and gold because Idalou has taught me more than my ABCs. Idalou has showed me that an outstanding work ethic will always render outstanding results. Idalou is a very special place surrounded by the support of a very special community, and I wouldn't change my time there for the world.