Ida High School is an above average, public school located in Ida, MI. It has 528 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Ida High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B94 Students
- A+51 Students
- B-45 Students
- A43 Students
- C+39 Students
- B18 Students
- B+17 Students
- B+17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Ida High School
- B-Whiteford High School
- Whiteford Agricultural Schools, MI
- 47 reviews
- BBedford Senior High School
- Bedford Public Schools, MI
- 302 reviews
- BBlissfield High School
- Blissfield Community Schools, MI
- 62 reviews
- B-Dundee Community High School
- Dundee Community Schools, MI
- 88 reviews
Ida High School Reviews
Teachers/staff/administration are very caring and helpful. I feel that all teachers and staff strive to ensure that most, if not all, students are college-ready by the time they are graduating. Ida has one of the most student-involved curriculum that I have seen. Many think that it makes it harder, but I think it prepares the students for college. Senior year is definitely the year to be at Ida High School, not only because there are awesome staff members, but because college and life preparation are worked right into the curriculum. Like every school, it has its minor flaws. But, that does not beat the amount of togetherness that the Ida community provides. As I graduate from Ida High School, I feel confident that I am not only college and life-ready, but I also feel confident recommending other students attending here.
The best choice I have ever made was coming to Ida High School. While attending Monroe High School, I wasn't getting the extra help I needed to succeed. In my freshman year I failed almost all of my classes. When I made the switch to Ida, I instantly knew I made the right choice. The staff is super friendly, they will go above and beyond for you and your needs, and they have great learning methods. Since I have made the move I currently have all A's and B's doing wonderful! Ida is definitely a good choice for your child!
I transferred to Ida High School as a Junior. I immediately liked the feel of the school, and I really enjoyed the time I have spent there. Overall, the students are accepting of new people and I was able to adjust to the social environment fairly well. I would recommend this school to other teenagers and those in grade school. I feel more prepared for college because of Ida, and the teachers have been overall very beneficial to my education.