Ichabod Crane Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Valatie, NY. It has 588 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ichabod Crane Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+34 Students
- C+27 Students
- A-19 Students
- B19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+14 Students
- C+14 Students
- A+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Ichabod Crane Senior High School
- B+Averill Park High School
- Averill Park Central School District, NY
- 143 reviews
- B-Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- BCoxsackie-Athens High School
- Coxsackie-Athens Central School District, NY
- 61 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 159 reviews
Ichabod Crane Senior High School Reviews
This school earned four stars because there is a variety of excellent teachers who have helped me excel in my academics. There are multiple electives that students can choose to improve their skills. The campus is safe and clean. A plethora of clubs and extra-curricular activities with the opportunity of engagement for all. Some of the clubs are Model UN, Interact, French Club, and Pride Club. Ichabod Crane hosts multiple high achieving sport teams. For example, the Boys Volleyball team recently won the Regional Championship. The Boys Soccer are well known for consistently returning to the sectional final, and our Girls Softball Team are State Champions.
I honestly believe ICC is probably the best school in the area. Our teachers really do care about the kids and are open to helping everyone out, and I think there's a teacher every kid in the school can connect with. I will say that I think often our administration can misplace their priorities. One of my teachers has a hole in his window and one of my friends needs to kick her locker for it to open but the board proposed adding plastic grass to the football field first. I also think that our school offers many opportunities as well. We offer a variety of AP and honors courses as well as specialty electives like Forensics and Journalism to help students prepare for our future. There's also an active extracurricular force in the district, with an all star softball team as well as the best performing arts group in the area.
I can say that Ichabod crane has prepared me for the real world in many different ways. The professors spend plenty of time staying after school and even letting students come in during their lunch to help them out with extra questions or needed help. As long as you show interest there will always be room for success inside Ichabod Crane. A big complaint at Ichabod is that the Professors are very quick to write referrals or send you out of class. I would like to see is Professors to take the time to talk to students or just hear out what they're dealing with instead of just turn them out of the classroom when a cloud is in the teachers sunlight. A big negative about Ichabod Crane though is the diversity. Being the only African American student in my graduating class, I did deal with some racist situations while attending Ichabod Crane but many of the children welcomed me with open arms. - Keone A. Lanier