Ichabod Crane Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Valatie, NY. It has 640 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Ichabod Crane Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+28 Students
- C+23 Students
- A17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+15 Students
- B15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Ichabod Crane Senior High School
- B+Averill Park High School
- Averill Park Central School District, NY
- 142 reviews
- B-Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- 28 reviews
- BCoxsackie-Athens High School
- Coxsackie-Athens Central School District, NY
- 56 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 150 reviews
Ichabod Crane Senior High School Reviews
I can say that Ichabod crane has prepared me for the real world in many different ways. The professors spend plenty of time staying after school and even letting students come in during their lunch to help them out with extra questions or needed help. As long as you show interest there will always be room for success inside Ichabod Crane. A big complaint at Ichabod is that the Professors are very quick to write referrals or send you out of class. I would like to see is Professors to take the time to talk to students or just hear out what they're dealing with instead of just turn them out of the classroom when a cloud is in the teachers sunlight. A big negative about Ichabod Crane though is the diversity. Being the only African American student in my graduating class, I did deal with some racist situations while attending Ichabod Crane but many of the children welcomed me with open arms. - Keone A. Lanier
I attended this school district from grades k-12. I was part of the class of 2013 and I can honestly say this school shaped the person I am today. The main purpose of this school district is to ensure learning in all of its students. It prepared me for college through the many of the AP and college courses that it provided. The administration's top priority is that each and every student is treated respectfully, and works of to his or her own potential. Although it is in a rural area, it is located right in the middle of two larger cities; Albany and Hudson. Both of these places allow for many volunteer experiences and jobs in which this school district is able to set its students up with. The sports teams are very successful, and the coaches are very school-work oriented. School before sports. If you are looking for a good school to bring up your children, Ichabod Crane is the perfect school district.
There are some good teachers if you're in higher level classes, but otherwise most of them couldn't care less. The school lacks diversity and many of the students are racist. The water contained lead so there was no drinkable water for a while. There is also an officer on campus now. The school, like many others, has drug issues. Hoping to resolve the drug issues, the administration took away the ability to carry book bags. It has not helped. As for college readiness, I attended a community college for my senior year and I was not prepared for it at all. Even though I took all AP and honors classes, I was not even close to being ready for college.