grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Ichabod Crane Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Valatie, NY. It has 532 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ichabod Crane Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+45 Students
- grade C+32 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade A+18 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
- grade A+17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Pep rallies & all sporting events50%
- Spirit week33%
- Soccer games17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$22,423 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Ichabod Crane Senior High School
- grade B+Averill Park High School
- Averill Park Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.36 out of 5 146 reviews
- grade BRavena-Coeymans-Selkirk Senior High School
- Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.06 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade BCoxsackie-Athens High School
- Coxsackie-Athens Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 67 reviews
- grade AColumbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 176 reviews
Ichabod Crane Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.36 out of 5 73 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
When it comes to providing a memorable and accommodating high school experience, the teachers at Ichabod Crane High School go above and beyond. The relatively small class sizes allow students and teachers to connect on a deeper level, which leads to a more fulfilling educational experience overall. Teachers and staff are always ready and willing to help out a student in need; you'll often see them during after school hours working with students on topics they are struggling with, or just helping them get some extra work done. Despite being situated in a rural town with little diversity and having a lack of funding for less popular activities, like some women's sports teams, the school provides an all-around positive experience for students of all backgrounds. Ichabod's many clubs, such as Sala Latina International Student Organization, Girls' Athletic Council, and Pride Club, provide an opportunity-filled community for students of minority which combats the school's lack of diversity.
This school earned four stars because there is a variety of excellent teachers who have helped me excel in my academics. There are multiple electives that students can choose to improve their skills. The campus is safe and clean. A plethora of clubs and extra-curricular activities with the opportunity of engagement for all. Some of the clubs are Model UN, Interact, French Club, and Pride Club. Ichabod Crane hosts multiple high achieving sport teams. For example, the Boys Volleyball team recently won the Regional Championship. The Boys Soccer are well known for consistently returning to the sectional final, and our Girls Softball Team are State Champions.
I always liked how small Ichabod Crane was. You know everyone in your grade and a majority of the people in other grades. It is a very tight knit community of students who have grown up together. The one thing that I may suggest is listening to the input by students. Some of the staff are very good at communication, but others, I feel, can't accept that they are wrong and come to an agreement.