Hyde Park Academy is a public, magnet school located in Chicago, IL. It has 786 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 2% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B170 Students
- A-136 Students
- B118 Students
- B+114 Students
- A-112 Students
- B+100 Students
- B-99 Students
- B+95 Students
- B92 Students
- B-90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Hyde Park Academy Reviews
My experience at hydepark is poor because of the staff and students and how the rules are unnecessary. Most of staff don't know how to deal with students and situations that has anything to do with students,which is why I rated my school poor. I also rated my school poor because of the lack of help that most of the staff should provide for students,For example, If a student had an item stolen from He/She the results are always "the cameras are off", "Well you're stuff is gone",etc basically no help at all when help is needed.
What I like about Hyde Park Academy is it’s a very good school. I’m well familiar with the school my deceased uncle graduated from here, and it’s easy it could be some challenges but it’s not challenges that I can’t do or can’t handle. Hyde Park is assit me in many wayang that I need to be assisted. I believe that Hyde Park changed me because now I am more motivated to do my work. I came from a noble school called Butler College Prep even though that was more challenging than Hyde Park, Butler also taught me a lot and I came to Hyde Park with the knowledge that I got from Butler. Hyde Park is a CPS school but it could challenge you.
Hyde Park is an extremely large school ranging from 600-800 students. It is the most oldest and known high schools in the Chicago district. In order to feel the worthiness and activeness during enrolling at this school; you have to work hard. Whether it's long study hours or achieving the highest grades you can manage in a short time. Hyde Park is not for that faint, you must be willing to endure "out of the box" situations in order to gain success.