Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
H.W. Byers High School is a public school located in Holly Springs, MS. It has 259 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
H.W. Byers High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-55 Students
- A-46 Students
- C+36 Students
- B31 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-20 Students
- A16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
H.W. Byers High School Reviews
The thing I liked most was how dedicated the teachers were to helping their students succeed and reach their full potential. They would have parent/teacher conferences and student/teacher conferences. Also, since we are a smaller school, teachers have time for their students. That really shows in the classrooms because teachers can go to each student and help them individually if they need it.
I have attended Byers since I was in kindergarten. I have watched everything about this school improve. In some things it didn´t , but all the bad outweighed the bad. I really made a connection with the teachers, the friends, and most importantly my education. I played volleyball my freshman through senior year that was honestly the best thing that ever happened. It really makes me sad that I am graduating this year but it is only the beginning of my journeys. My overall experience was really amazing , probably the best that has ever happened.
I've been going to this school since I was in kindergarten( 2010). I really like the staff at this school, They are good at teaching and the lunch ladies are good at cooking. The bus drivers know how to drive and the Janitors clean well. The food can be a bit bad in my opinion but that is a difference of opinion. The student are very nice and don't bully much. I would change the lunch and that is about it.