Hutchinson Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hutchinson, MN. It has 906 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Hutchinson Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+102 Students
- B46 Students
- B+46 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+41 Students
- B+38 Students
- C+37 Students
- A35 Students
- B31 Students
- B-26 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Hutchinson Senior High School
- BDassel-Cokato Senior High School
- Dassel-Cokato Public School District, MN
- 130 reviews
- BGlencoe-Silver Lake Senior High School
- Glencoe-Silver Lake School District, MN
- 52 reviews
- BLester Prairie Secondary School
- Lester Prairie Public School District, MN
- 36 reviews
- CNew Century Academy
- Public School
- Hutchinson, MN
- 11 reviews
Hutchinson Senior High School Reviews
They have plenty of elective classes that allow you to branch out and participate in a plethora of activities to help you decide where you want to go to college. The teachers are very positive and allow you to express yourself. They present the information in a clear and concise way that allows for a positive learning environment that also caters to any student's different types of learning. The school also offers plenty of extracurricular activities that can cater to any type of person. For example they, of course, have your sports teams football, baseball, soccer, basketball and, tennis. But, they also offer others such as robotics, musical, key club, and plenty of band and choir ensembles. And since there are plenty of manufacturers within Hutchinson they have an extremely advanced tech wing allowing students to learn different types of machining, woodworking, drafting, welding, and automotive functions. This school has a very well all around balanced learning environment.
Hutchinson Senior High School was recently completely remodeled. The building is beautiful and very modern and contemporary in design. Many of the teachers are top-notch and the classes offered are excellent. I wish the administration would work harder to crack down on the several teenagers who are vaping in the building. This has become quite an issue this school year. Also, perhaps offering a wider variety of healthy food options for the students at breakfast and lunch would be a step in the right direction. In comparison to other school districts surrounding our local region, I believe the students at Hutchinson Senior High School receive the best opportunities, including many AP class options or PSEO classes with our local college. Overall, I give the school a four out of five stars rating, very good. I am happy my children have this level of education opportunities.
Within the past 2 years, Hutchinson High School went through a remodel. Half of the school was torn down and rebuilt while the other half was still in use. Once the new wing of the building was completed that was the side where students would attend classes. We now have a beautiful new school with state of the art technology and amenities. With the new building came a new school pride. Both kids and teachers are proud to say that they go to school at HHS, and past Alumni walk down the hallways in awe. I am very delighted with my experience at HHS. I have found my best friends in the world while also making a connection with every single one of my classmates. I would recommend this school to any new family.