Hutchinson Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hutchinson, MN. It has 888 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Hutchinson Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+90 Students
- B41 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+38 Students
- B37 Students
- C+32 Students
- B+31 Students
- A30 Students
- B-25 Students
- B24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Hutchinson Senior High School
- B-Dassel-Cokato Senior High School
- Dassel-Cokato Public School District, MN
- 124 reviews
- BGlencoe-Silver Lake Senior High School
- Glencoe-Silver Lake School District, MN
- 52 reviews
- B-Lester Prairie Secondary School
- Lester Prairie Public School District, MN
- 34 reviews
- CNew Century Academy
- Public School
- Hutchinson, MN
- 10 reviews
Hutchinson Senior High School Reviews
I am a current student of this school, and it is one of the worst experiences i have ever had. The relationship between student and teacher is nonexistent, and I feel as if I am only being prepared to take a test, and not actually learning skills to improve my life. It has become a system of just studying for the grade. Frequently, many assignments are not spaced out, and I am finding myself working very late to finish everything in time. For example, right now just in one class, I have one slideshow, a video assignment, and a project due all by the end of the week. There are many kids in my classes that are a disruption and make it harder to learn, but the teachers don't do anything about them. There are so many shortcomings in this school I lost count freshman year.
I no longer go here. However, in the two years that I did go here, I found the school to be mostly enjoyable. The academics are above-average. There are a wide range of classes to take, and 12 APs ranking from Government to Music Theory to Calc AB. There aren't many honors or AP classes you can take as an underclassmen, there are still a few options. There are also many interesting electives, like Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Computer Science, Sports Science, and American Indian Studies. There are many clubs and activities, the only one I can think of they don't have that would be nice is a debate team. But there's student council, speech, math league, robotics, and more. The students here represent their school like no other. Most of the sports at HHS have a winning tradition, like the girls swimming, football, girls basketball, and boys track and field. People stay in Hutch even after college, and they've built a tradition here. It sure is a great place.
There are very few teachers who are clearly putting effort into their work and are kind to their students. Others bully students and do not care whether they understand what they're being taught. The school and its staff have a facade of safety; bullying is rampid and their bullying policies are nonsense and never reinforced. I have seen teachers who help disabled students yell at the students and say things that would be considered verbally abusive. Principal encourages students (typically those who are not athletic and with poor grades, the opposite of favored students) to drop out and drop out rates have increased in this school. The few teachers who are kind and warm-hearted are the ones holding this school up by a string along with its football team.