Hurricane Middle School is a public school located in Hurricane, UT. It has 703 students in grades 8-9 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Hurricane Middle School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Hurricane Middle School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Hurricane Middle School Reviews
Hurricane Middle School is definitely an amazing school. The teachers are very helpful and do their best to teach. Most teachers make class enjoyable while still learning the curriculum. Teachers are excellent at teaching college readiness and most talk about it often to keep the future fresh in students' minds. The other staff and councilors a very sincere and seem to genuinely care about the students and their future. Overall, this school has done wonders for me in both my academic and personal life!
I am a student at Hurricane Middle School. The science program is excellent, and has interactive learning experiences. The English program is also very good. The math section is not as good. However, there are a few teachers who are very good at their jobs. The school is consists mostly of members of the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints. This causes poor diversity within the county. There are not many other religions that are prominent in this area. This church is very strict so there is not very much diversity with beliefs and such. The school is mostly white. With a small Hispanic populous. The school tests very well, but doesn’t seem to understand that all students learn differently and need different learning opportunities.
HMS has been a great school for my children. The teachers are all reliable and very good at their subjects. The office staff is wonderful. There is a variety of great programs available.