Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hurricane High School is an above average, public school located in Hurricane, WV. It has 1,284 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Hurricane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-400 Students
- A-302 Students
- B+103 Students
- C96 Students
- A+74 Students
- B-65 Students
- C+52 Students
- B50 Students
- A-48 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Hurricane High School Reviews
Hurricane High School gave me and my siblings the best years of our lives. Between sports, clubs, and classes, we constantly stayed busy. The great thing about HHS is that they accept everyone, no matter your race, religion, or even your size! There is no other school I would’ve wanted to attend for my high school years. All the teachers and faculty were always so loving, and if I could stay in high school forever, I would. I’m so thankful for my time at HHS and it’s sad to say it’s almost over. The only thing I would change about HHS is that sometimes you can notice they expect more out of students who perform on a higher level, I’m in no way saying I don’t like a challenge, but I think it would be better for all the students if they held us all to the same standard.
My experience at Hurricane High School was unmatched. The staff is some of the best in the state and they are always there for the students. Teachers are always able to work with athletic and other extracurricular activities. The school culture is one of the most welcoming and accepting a student/parent could ask for. The entire community rallies around the school and it shows. Their are various outlets for support around the community and in the school, all you have to do is just ask. The athletics at this school are some of the best in the state, along with their facilities. All in all, this is a great school and community to grow in. I highly recommend Hurricane High School. GO SKINS!
Hurricane High School was the first public school I attended. I went to a private K-12 school up until my sophomore year. Hurricane High provided me with the best transition experience from private schooling to public schooling. The principal, Mr. McClanahan, my school counselor, Mrs. McCann, and many of my teachers over the last few years have really made an impact on my life and I am lucky to say I am a Hurricane Redskin!