Huron High School is an above average, public school located in New Boston, MI. It has 918 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Huron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A108 Students
- B-107 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+67 Students
- B61 Students
- B+56 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+41 Students
- C-30 Students
- B28 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Huron High School
- B-Oscar A. Carlson High School
- Gibraltar School District, MI
- 199 reviews
- BFranklin High School
- Livonia Public Schools School District, MI
- 263 reviews
- B-Airport Senior High School
- Airport Community Schools, MI
- 116 reviews
- B+Riverview Community High School
- Riverview Community School District, MI
- 218 reviews
Huron High School Reviews
Huron High School is a school based almost entirely around the students. Opportunities are given to every individual to figure out who they are and be comfortable where they are. Many clubs have opened up this year to allow for students to find a place where they belong. Students who join certain clubs because they share an interest gives better chances of finding new friends. Also, new classes have opened up for new learning opportunities and the school itself has an overall safe environment. One thing that should change is the building. With a growing community, an expansion should be considered because there is staring to be an overflow of students in classrooms. Although it is quite amazing to notice how much the school is growing, additions must be considered to the high school.
I appreciated the atmosphere and the acceptance from both students and teachers at Huron and I would definitely recommend the school to anyone considering. The education quality is amazing and teachers truly go above and beyond to make sure that you are learning the material and enjoying being in school. I am very grateful for the education that I received and how it prepared me for college and life in the world.
I enjoy my school a lot especially because of the teachers. They're all extremely well informed and compassionate. They all care about their students and want them to succeed. The students in turn look up to those teachers as role models. The staff is amazing they offered to pay for my lunch at school when my family was going through a rough time and i couldn't afford it. The students are some of the kindest people i have met. Also our school does a lot to combat bullying. It also prepares you for college pretty well.