Huron High School is an above average, public school located in Huron, OH. It has 454 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Huron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+56 Students
- A-44 Students
- A-30 Students
- B29 Students
- B28 Students
- A27 Students
- B27 Students
- B22 Students
- B-19 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Huron High School
- BVermilion High School
- Vermilion Local School District, OH
- 94 reviews
- B+Edison High School
- Edison Local School District, OH
- 77 reviews
- B-Perkins High School
- Perkins Local School District, OH
- 129 reviews
- B-Firelands High School
- Firelands Local School District, OH
- 61 reviews
Huron High School Reviews
My experience at Huron High School was excellent. The teachers at Huron are great and does their job very well! The student body their has so much spirit about sports and everyone is very nice! I have created many memories at Huron High School with staff and students throughout the school! I would like for Huron to upgrade the bathrooms and get A/C other then that it's a excellent school. I will definitely miss it.
Huron High School is a small yet mighty school. Our school only has two hallways but we have at about 120 or so per grade. Our administration is awesome and really takes care of the students. We're extremely lucky to have what we call the "tiger union" which is a hangout area that juniors and seniors can go to during their study halls. The teachers really support other students and encourage us to do well not only in the classroom but outside of the classroom in sports and outside activities. I always have administration rooting for me and always asking me how things are going which is such a great feeling being personable with administration at my school.
I have enjoyed all four years of my high school career. What I liked the most about Huron High School were the teachers. Every teacher that I have had has challenged me and has made me think critically. I feel like they did an excellent job of preparing me for college. Not only did the teachers prepare me for college. They also showed that they cared about all of their students, and gave me a very personal connection with all of them