Huntsville High School is a public school located in Huntsville, TX. It has 1,780 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Huntsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+258 Students
- A+127 Students
- A+125 Students
- B+75 Students
- B62 Students
- A-56 Students
- A54 Students
- A-52 Students
- B39 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Huntsville High School Reviews
All of the teachers that I had would genuinely care for their students. They tried their hardest to teach us, their students, and make sure that we grew so we at least a little more prepared for life in college. Now the administration is not the best. If a kid got into a fight, admin would turn their heads not even giving them a day of ISS. Although, if it were a white student, they would automatically put them into ISS. The only time the admin started to crackdown was the 2018 Spring Semester once the principal was already planning to leave. The teachers within Huntsville High School are fantastic and caring, the administration on the other hand needs to be worked on.
My experience at Huntsville High School has been okay. There is a unbalance of dedication, and effort that's put in from the teachers. Persoanally I am in all AP classes and my teachers want the best for me, but on numerous occasions I've about experiences of my fellow classmates that make them feel like they're not being supported in the best way. There is a lack of extracurricular activities.
My experience at Huntsville High School was challenging but well worth it. It was challenging based on class level (ex Pre Ap vs Regular) and the grading system which you either turn in your work on time or get 10 points deducted each day your work is late up to five days which after that, you receive a zero for your grade. Other than that, it was very competitive and the teachers were there to cheer you on. I would definitely recommend this school to a student planning on attending there.