Huntsville High School is a public school located in Huntsville, AR. It has 655 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A147 Students
- B110 Students
- B76 Students
- B73 Students
- B-57 Students
- B+38 Students
- A-34 Students
- B31 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Huntsville High School Reviews
My feelings towards Huntsville High School is quite conflicting. On one hand they try their best with their amount of funding, and the teachers are (for the most part) excellent. On the other hand this school is a hell hole filled with hicks and teen pregnancy. This place looks like a prison. The most exciting thing that happens here is when someone dies. If one more student asks why my jeans have holes in them I'm going to lose my mind. We have a courtyard we don't even use. I'm so frustrated I cant even type in coherent sentences.
Huntsville High School was a place where students learned and completed all academics needed towards their futures. The teachers are very knowledgeable of the subjects they teach, and are very supportive in helping students prepare for college and learning the materials needed. The high school is a place where everyone can feel safe, work towards being prepared for their own future, learn how to communicate and build a bond with others, and work towards being out on their own and knowing what to do.
My school experience with the Huntsville High school was poorly. Teachers have favorites, they sometimes forget what they are teaching us. There is still definitely discrimination and lots of bullying. They do have an awesome safety procedure. We had to use clear everything; bags, and bottles. There is a 24/7 resource officer and there is a fence around the school.