Huntley High School Reviews

the school really feels like home. if you’re planning to move to the area, i wouldn’t worry about it.
Huntley gives the opportunity for many students to be themselves. We have lots of different clubs and sports to be involved with. We also offer blended learning where you only have to go to class a few days a week.
I love Huntley High School. In the recent years, Huntley has been expanded, modernized, and added the Blended learning program. Huntley offers students many clubs and resources to make sure they have the best time in high school. I am involved in many clubs and the Varsity Basketball team. By being involved in these clubs and sports, I get to travel the country, meet new people, and gain new experiences that I will use in the future. Anyone can find a club that they enjoy at Huntley. One of my favorite parts is the blended learning program. With there being almost 3,000 kids in Huntley, not everyone can be in the building at once. Having a blended class means that you do not have to come to class everyday, but you have to do classwork online. This prepares students for college and makes them responsible for their own learning. The one thing that I would change is the amount of diversity in the school. Less than 10% of our school is minority and I believe they need more representation.
Start Your Review of Huntley High School
The main thing about Huntley High School that really impresses me is the fascinating and revolutionary Blended Learning Program. This new approach to learning gives students way more freedom and responsibility which only helps prepare them for college. I have found that here at Huntley High School there is a good amount of diversity throughout the school, and I believe the diversity rates will only increase every year. There are an immense amount of clubs, sports, and after school activities to choose from. Huntley High School gives an overall exciting and fun high school experience with events going on all throughout the school year, keeping students involved.
After attending Huntley HS I wasn't into sports or the clubs. I focused the majority of my time on my academics. I enjoyed the classroom time and I wish the school had more resources related to Business and Accounting. The teachers are pretty friendly and easy to talk to. The students are friendly and is easy to make friends. The facilty is very small compared to all the students who attend. You are cramped within the halls and the school buses fit 3 to a sit a huge safety issue. The cafeteria food is horrible. The safety of the school is very good equipped with security from the local police department, metal detectors and cameras. I would add more resource for students interested in Business and Accounting .
I love Huntley high. There are of course bad parts of everyone's high school experience but for the most part, Huntley is great. The administration while occasionally unorganized is fantastic, wants to help, and is pushing innovation. I've had very few run ins with bad people and I've only disliked 1 teacher. Counselors are great and helpful. They are easy to contact and make appointments with. AP offered but not forced on those who don't want it. The environment feels safe. Students taking action is supported and encouraged by staff (during school shooting protests for example).
HHS has provided me with many opportunities for success, including having outstanding staff and courses to prepare me for further education. The campus is top notch, and I feel very safe going to school there. Athletics are usually successful in their seasons and we have more clubs than I can count, so it is inclusive of all personal backgrounds and interests.
Academic experience was fantastic. Good teachers for the most part, and always had a way to get help if needed. However, we did experience some safety issues.
I liked how Huntley High School updated itself and grew with the times by adapting new technology and changing the learning environment. However, I wish more had been done to combat bullying and mental health issues.
At our high school we have the blended program that really got students ready for college. Class did not meet every day and students had work to do when they were not in class. Also I was a part of medical academy and learned all the careers avaliable to me and got to work one on one with an actual doctor in my field.
Huntley High School offers a wide variety of academic opportunities and resources at their school. PLTW courses offered give students who are interested in a medical or engineering related field a chance to earn college credits through the University of Iowa. Their blended learning programs also teach students how to have self-responsibility and time management skills in order to prepare for college.
My wife and I were a little concerned with our son going to a HS school of such size. It was like he was going to attend a small college. The freshman class of 2020 is well over 700+ students. Our son is now finishing up his sophomore year and we couldn't be happier with his progression both academically and socially. Even though Huntley HS is consider a large school, it really gives our son everything he needs to develop as a student as he prepares to go to college. From the "Blended" curriculum to athletic activities and clubs, Huntley HS really gives a student the foundation to prepare them for school beyond Grade 12. The only thing that is a negative, is parking lot access in/out of the school There are only 2 ways in and 2 ways out all to one road. With a school of that size, it often makes it impossible to get out of the school parking lot in a timely fashion.
There are many programs for teens to assist if they are having a difficult time. I really feel they have a great team of teachers and administration.
I would like to see more connection from students. Most students stay to themselves and don't talk that much. I would like to see less focus on making the school itself bigger and more focus on making the school our house. We are there for four years, more than we are at home. We need to be able to be happy calling it our second home.
Huntley provided an outstanding high school experience. The staff from lunch lady to principal all showed they cared and were part of a team. My kids were also greatly impacted by the devotion to teaching and strong character values taught to them by their teachers. The school was innovative and challenging and did a great job in helping prepare them for college.
I think Huntley High school was pretty good overall. There was problems with activities because they cared too much about sports especially football. Also the food could be better. On other thing that could be better would be the amount of help that counselors give for college and scholarships.
There are many opportunities for me to become involved in my coursework as well as student body at school. This high school also prepared me very well for success in college.
Start Your Review of Huntley High School
Huntley High school is a great school to attend, there are many classes to choose from to make high school enjoyable. There’s also opportunities that get you ready for college life, known as blended. You meet a couple days of the week to discuss what you need to complete and the rest of the week you don’t have to go to that specific class. It gives you time to catch up on other homework or even just study in the library.
I love the welcoming atmosphere at Huntley High School, especially in relation to the staff. Teachers are kind and understanding, while also having a genuine and helpful understanding of not only their curriculum in order to aid those in academic need. If I could change one thing, it would be the support for the fine arts. There is a generous amount of support already, but being a fine arts student myself and seeing the programs at other schools, there is an incredible amount of improvement that could be made as far as finances, assets, and facilities go.
Huntley High School is an overall great public high school. With amazing teachers, they provide a safe and welcoming environment for all students. They also have great coaches in football and basketball.