Huntley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Huntley, IL. It has 2,863 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Huntley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+255 Students
- B+178 Students
- A-166 Students
- A-157 Students
- A+153 Students
- A147 Students
- B146 Students
- A-139 Students
- C+136 Students
- A+113 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Huntley High School
- B+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community Unit School District No. 427, IL
- 125 reviews
- A-Woodstock High School
- Woodstock Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 145 reviews
- A-Central High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- 145 reviews
- A-Crystal Lake Central High School
- Community High School District No. 155, IL
- 201 reviews
Huntley High School Reviews
The main thing about Huntley High School that really impresses me is the fascinating and revolutionary Blended Learning Program. This new approach to learning gives students way more freedom and responsibility which only helps prepare them for college. I have found that here at Huntley High School there is a good amount of diversity throughout the school, and I believe the diversity rates will only increase every year. There are an immense amount of clubs, sports, and after school activities to choose from. Huntley High School gives an overall exciting and fun high school experience with events going on all throughout the school year, keeping students involved.
I love Huntley High School. In the recent years, Huntley has been expanded, modernized, and added the Blended learning program. Huntley offers students many clubs and resources to make sure they have the best time in high school. I am involved in many clubs and the Varsity Basketball team. By being involved in these clubs and sports, I get to travel the country, meet new people, and gain new experiences that I will use in the future. Anyone can find a club that they enjoy at Huntley. One of my favorite parts is the blended learning program. With there being almost 3,000 kids in Huntley, not everyone can be in the building at once. Having a blended class means that you do not have to come to class everyday, but you have to do classwork online. This prepares students for college and makes them responsible for their own learning. The one thing that I would change is the amount of diversity in the school. Less than 10% of our school is minority and I believe they need more representation.
I love Huntley high. There are of course bad parts of everyone's high school experience but for the most part, Huntley is great. The administration while occasionally unorganized is fantastic, wants to help, and is pushing innovation. I've had very few run ins with bad people and I've only disliked 1 teacher. Counselors are great and helpful. They are easy to contact and make appointments with. AP offered but not forced on those who don't want it. The environment feels safe. Students taking action is supported and encouraged by staff (during school shooting protests for example).