Huntley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Huntley, IL. It has 2,863 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Huntley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+271 Students
- B+194 Students
- A-173 Students
- A-167 Students
- A+160 Students
- B156 Students
- A154 Students
- C+147 Students
- A-146 Students
- A+121 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.45 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.45 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like Huntley High School
- B+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community Unit School District No. 427, IL
- 127 reviews
- A-Woodstock High School
- Woodstock Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 146 reviews
- A-Central High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- 146 reviews
- A-Crystal Lake Central High School
- Community High School District No. 155, IL
- 204 reviews
Huntley High School Reviews
The main thing about Huntley High School that really impresses me is the fascinating and revolutionary Blended Learning Program. This new approach to learning gives students way more freedom and responsibility which only helps prepare them for college. I have found that here at Huntley High School there is a good amount of diversity throughout the school, and I believe the diversity rates will only increase every year. There are an immense amount of clubs, sports, and after school activities to choose from. Huntley High School gives an overall exciting and fun high school experience with events going on all throughout the school year, keeping students involved.
Huntley High School is one of the best high schools in the whole Illinois state area. Huntley is absolutely amazing due to the booming classes, programs, athletics, extracurriculars, and opportunities they offer for students. Huntley is a growing school that has expanded tremendously in the past 4 years due to the amount of students they have accumulated. The only thing I would change to Huntley High School is the way to get to it. It is hard to get to Huntley due to the only two ways in and out of the campus, so traffic gets backed up and accidents happen. But other than that, Huntley High School is probably one of the best high schools out there and I would not imagine going anywhere else.
I love Huntley High School. In the recent years, Huntley has been expanded, modernized, and added the Blended learning program. Huntley offers students many clubs and resources to make sure they have the best time in high school. I am involved in many clubs and the Varsity Basketball team. By being involved in these clubs and sports, I get to travel the country, meet new people, and gain new experiences that I will use in the future. Anyone can find a club that they enjoy at Huntley. One of my favorite parts is the blended learning program. With there being almost 3,000 kids in Huntley, not everyone can be in the building at once. Having a blended class means that you do not have to come to class everyday, but you have to do classwork online. This prepares students for college and makes them responsible for their own learning. The one thing that I would change is the amount of diversity in the school. Less than 10% of our school is minority and I believe they need more representation.