Huntley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Huntley, IL. It has 2,995 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Huntley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+278 Students
- B+205 Students
- A-176 Students
- B+176 Students
- A+167 Students
- B-162 Students
- A160 Students
- C159 Students
- A-150 Students
- A+127 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.84 responses
Schools like Huntley High School
- A-Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community Unit School District No. 427, IL
- 129 reviews
- AWoodstock High School
- Woodstock Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 150 reviews
- ACentral High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- 151 reviews
- ACrystal Lake Central High School
- Community High School District No. 155, IL
- 211 reviews
Huntley High School Reviews
Huntley High School has an extremely enthusiastic student body. Sporting events are like no other, and the support a team receives on game day is heartwarming. It is a very large school, so it’s not likely one is to pass the same person in the hallway twice in one day. It’s newly remodeled and in better shape than ever. Not the mention, the challenging curriculum make HHS one of the best high schools in the state of IL!
Huntley High School enjoys trying to involve everyone in the community, not just those who attend the school. Along with involvement, the resources the staff provides at the high school made is easy to understand the college process and where to go to ask questions about your future!
Teachers have a 50/50 chance of being good. They either teach really well or you end up having to teach yourself. Football games were always fun, and being with friends was too. Blended classes were definitely a plus, as I actually got to get work done. Some classes were interesting but I never felt prepared for the real world. I still don’t exactly know what to study in college. Plus, it was mentally and physically exhausting. I’ve had friends who have been bullied or had problems, and the school won’t do much about it. However, it’s under a new principal now, and it has already improved, so hopefully the future is better.