Huntington High School is a public school located in Huntington, WV. It has 1,658 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Huntington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-276 Students
- A-139 Students
- A+64 Students
- A-63 Students
- A-46 Students
- C+30 Students
- C30 Students
- A+30 Students
- C+30 Students
- B-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Huntington High School
- B-Cabell Midland High School
- Cabell County Schools, WV
- 153 reviews
- BPaul G. Blazer High School
- Ashland Independent Schools, KY
- 115 reviews
- C+Ironton High School
- Ironton City School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 92 reviews
Huntington High School Reviews
Huntington High School is a school laced with opportunity for those willing to pursue it. The more students participate within the student body, the more positive their experience becomes!
I gave this school an overall average review because it is just that, mundane. The school has more negatives than positives. Our stuff tends to do the most minimal effort required for their jobs. Not all of the teachers are like this of course, however most of the teachers would not go out of their way to help a student even if they asked for it. The administrators are often inappropriate. We have had several incidences with having mold on our food. Our school has mice, rats, lice, mites, fleas, cockroaches, and sometimes bed bugs. There are positives however. Some teachers really do have a passion for their students. Our system makes it very easy for students to get back on track if they are failing. We have a very low bullying rate, and a very good therapy program for students in need. I think we can improve our school by hiring more teachers that are driven and passionate. We need more teachers that are compassionate and understanding.
Overall, Huntington High is a great school to attend and better your education at. I believed all the teachers enjoyed their jobs, and only wanted the best for students. Huntington High offered so much to prepare for college, especially community service, scholarships, and academics. If there is one thing I could change about my school, it would probably be the school lunches. The food is not good to sight or taste and the lunch room is always crowded. However, this little flaw in the school wouldn’t want to make me go or be anywhere else. GO HIGHLANDERS!