Huntington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Huntington, NY. It has 1,486 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Huntington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-119 Students
- A-111 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+88 Students
- A74 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+67 Students
- A63 Students
- B58 Students
- B+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Huntington High School
- A+Walt Whitman High School
- South Huntington Union Free School District, NY
- 256 reviews
- A+Rye Neck Senior High School
- Rye Neck Union Free School District, NY
- 72 reviews
- AOyster Bay High School
- Oyster Bay-East Norwich Central School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- ASouth Side High School
- Rockville Centre Union Free School District, NY
- 183 reviews
Huntington High School Reviews
I feel privileged to have grown up in the Huntington Union Free School District and Huntington High School has been instrumental in shaping who I am as a person. The diversity of the student body has opened my eyes to new perspectives and fostered an environment rich with collaboration. The school's administration could not have been more considerate and accommodating. The vast opportunities in music and the arts (marching band, chamber choir, orchestra, drama club) combined with a myriad of STEM exposure (namely the robotics team, science olympiad, etc.) along with humanities programs (National History, School Newspaper) ensure that any student can pursue their passions. AP courses have prepared me for college curriculum. The school's security team succeeds in providing a safe and welcoming educational environment. I love Huntington; Go Blue Devils!
At Huntington High School there's something for everyone. There are a variety of clubs, sports, and activities to get involved in. I like the sense of community and broad diversity. There are great programs available and great resources; if you're having a rough day, there are people to talk to, if you have questions about college, you can utilize the college office, if you need community service, you can go to the main office and see where you can help out, and the list goes on and on. I feel like most of the teachers truly care about their students and their success. Students are able to have their suggestions heard by the principal/administration and sometimes even implemented! I personally love going to school events and programs and I think my school and district, in general, have a significant amount of school pride and spirit.
Honestly I didn’t like Huntington High School. Some teachers were really kind and loving the was the best part that I got to know great teachers. In the other hand one of the Deans without mentioning names was really disrespectful, he always cursed and try to be funny but it was really annoying. One time when I had a question he gave me disrespectful answer which I respectfully listen and walked away . The school atmosphere is horrible I really couldn’t wait to graduate because it felt like you were in jail. I always tried to stay positive each day but it was irritating going to school starting from the deans to the students. I really hope they could change their language .