Huntington High School is a highly rated, public school located in Huntington, NY. It has 1,392 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Huntington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A93 Students
- A+90 Students
- A-84 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+59 Students
- A59 Students
- A+53 Students
- A53 Students
- B51 Students
- B+46 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingD+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Huntington High School
- A+Walt Whitman High School
- South Huntington Union Free School District, NY
- 243 reviews
- A+Rye Neck Senior High School
- Rye Neck Union Free School District, NY
- 66 reviews
- AOyster Bay High School
- Oyster Bay-East Norwich Central School District, NY
- 61 reviews
- A+South Side High School
- Rockville Centre Union Free School District, NY
- 169 reviews
Huntington High School Reviews
Huntington High School is a well-rounded high school with many clubs and AP opportunities. Many teachers are very involved with the success of students--hosting clubs, holding extra help after school, and providing personal support for those who reach out to them. While some services (such as food) and resources (for the art department and teachers) may be occasionally lacking, the school seems to make an effort to provide for their students. The college office is dedicated to providing assistance to juniors and seniors to ensure every student has a plan following graduation, and there are many deans and counselors who work to support students.
Huntington High School is a diverse school that brings multiple groups of people together, allowing for your children to have a good up bringing in the education side. The teachers in the school district are great and most are willing to help you with whatever you need to get you favored grade. Being a graduate from this school and an alumni I can say I would have not wanted to go to any other school. It helped me become the person I am today a well rounded adult.
My favorite part of my Huntington High School is definitely all of the wonderful students and teachers that I have met. Joining many of the available clubs that the school has to offer has opened me up to many new experiences. The clubs that I've been a member of have helped guide me to what major I want to pursue in college. I've made life long friends here!