Huntington Beach High School Reviews

I loved my experience at Huntington Beach High School! Despite it being farther than the high school closer to my house, I chose attending here because I loved everything it had to offer. From the clean and beautiful campus to many opportunities in the academics and arts - there was so much the school had to offer. The teachers are very helpful and care about their students well-being. The only issue I had at Huntington was how cliquey it was socially and how competitive the environment was, but that is bound to happen in high school either way. All in all, could not have asked for a better experience.
Huntington Beach High School is filled with rich opportunities for many students, opportunities which other schools do not have the resources to enjoy. I really enjoy the atmosphere which is provided to me, but I do wish that there was a better diversity for all students.
I have been enrolled in HBHS for 3 years now and I enjoy being at this school. HBHS has many resources for the students such as tutoring, the career center, and the list goes on. Most of the teachers are absolutely amazing; they are always willing to help and are quite knowledgeable and passionate about what they teach. The campus is clean for the most part and the staff are nice with the exception of a few people.
Start Your Review of Huntington Beach High School
The campus itself is absolutely stunning! When I first toured the school, I was impressed with how welcoming it felt compared many of the other schools in the district. Throughout my four years of high school I've come to realize that there will always be social flaws, but the school itself opens students to a multitude of opportunities that will help in the future and simply enhance their overall high school experience. The sports programs are all very high level and well-managed and don't fail to draw crowds of excited students. While cliques among students will always be present, I've found that the social aspect is never lacking, and people are often very supportive, as are the teachers and staff if you take the step of reaching out.
The school itself is beautiful and historic. The diversity here is pretty good. Sports here aren't too big, but the arts is huge. Overall, the environment here is good.
overall great high school experience! nice teachers and staff! Never went to any sports games, but have heard that ASB is adamant on making games a fun experience!
The best school with great education. I played on the womens soccer team and we did amazing. Our sports are great.
Huntington Beach High School has many good teachers enjoy what they do for their students, but it is clear that some do the bare minimum of what they are asked to do by the district and are able to get away with it due to their tenure. That being said, if you are fortunate to receive an active and involved teacher you will enjoy that class thoroughly. I hardly ever felt unsafe on campus and the classrooms were up to par in terms of their quality. I enjoyed my four years and Huntington Beach High School and I definitely recommend for incoming freshman who are unsure about what high school they want to attend.
I just graduated from Huntington Beach High School and I loved my years here. I always felt safe and supported. I participated in cross country and track, where I met some amazing friends and supportive coaches. Also was in Avid which helped me feel very prepared for applying for college and attending a four year university. If it wasn't for the avid program or the staff and faculty, I don't think I would be where I am today.
I really like Huntington beach high school, it is a very beautiful campus. The teachers there are really cool and nice and are always willing to help all of the students.
I am currently a junior at Huntington Beach High School, and I have had an amazing time so far. Teachers are excellent, and it is easy to see how dedicated and passionate they are about helping students succeed. Administration is very kind, open minded, and involved with everything on campus. We have a beautiful and clean campus, that I look forward to going to every morning. Everyone is super friendly, and there are tons of activities. There is a lot of school spirit, and a very strong sense of community at HBHS. We have a lot of active clubs, competitive and strong sports teams, good preforming arts department and many other opportunities for students to get involved. I have loved my time so far at this school, and would highly recommend it to anyone considering attending HBHS.
I enjoyed my time at the school! The school campus is beautiful, and most of the staff are nice. Most every teacher I had was diligent and kind.
I loved the beauty of the campus and the opportunities offered to every student here. It was a wonderful place to spend four years, however, i wish there was more school spirit.
It was a great learning community, but I wish that it was easier for students to take multiple AP classes without having no personal time.
It was a good school for the most part. The history and science departments could use some improvement though. As far as history goes, the teaching is very biased toward conservative thinking which does not allow students will a more liberal mind set to be able to express themselves in class. The science department needs better teachers who are able to explain concepts like physics to people that are not naturally good at those subjects.
Huntington Beach High School allows for students to grow in a comfortable, safe environment. The staff here works hard to give their students top-notch education, and everyone here is very involved with extracurriculars. This allows for a connected student body, as well as students who are prepared to give back to their community.
Huntington Beach High School offers abundant opportunities to be involved and excel. The academic classes are challenging, though they sometimes are made more challenging by teachers who are not fully equipped to teach. The campus is spread out and each building caters to a specific subject, which is pretty incredible. The arts facilities are above and beyond what I have seen at other high schools as well. The only drawbacks to HBHS is there is no real emphasis on school spirit, and some teachers have difficulty making the material understandable for students.
Start Your Review of Huntington Beach High School
HBHS is an amazing high school in a great location. At HBHS, you are given the tools to succeed, the peers to support you, and the teachers to guide you.
I had a great time at this school, but I did feel a lack of diversity and college readiness. The school is predominately white, but as a Vietnamese-American, I felt left out at times. There were moments where I wished I went to a different school so that I could be more social with other Asian-Americans. However, the academic opportunities made up for my social failures. The school offers many Advanced Placement classes and I found them all promising. The teachers who teach these Advanced Placement classes are very qualified and showed a great deal of concern for their students. The teachers at this school are so nice and I am glad I was able to be in their classes.
Our school is pretty good. There are, of course some things that could be improved, but for a high school, we have it pretty well.