Huntingdon High School is an above average, public school located in Huntingdon, TN. It has 345 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Huntingdon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- B42 Students
- B+38 Students
- A-35 Students
- C30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- B21 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Huntingdon High School
- BMcKenzie High School
- McKenzie Special School District, TN
- 55 reviews
- C+Camden Central High School
- Benton County School District, TN
- 74 reviews
- B-West Carroll Junior/Senior High School
- West Carroll Special School District, TN
- 65 reviews
- B-Clarksburg School
- South Carroll Special School District, TN
- PK, K-12
- 2 reviews
Huntingdon High School Reviews
My high school experience was both good and bad. The school has very helpful teachers who care about the students and willing to help them. However, it is a very poor school that lacks necessary funds.
Huntingdon High school has the best teachers and they treat everybody the same and they have a higher standard than other schools.
Every teacher I've had always does whatever it takes to get students caught up. If a child is behind, they offer times outside of school for them to get everything done. Considering Huntingdon is a small town, the teachers know us and our parents very well so respect isn't an issue. The teachers here are very knowledgeable and most of them teach multiple different classes which makes it easier to understand the lessons. The teachers that only teach one class are passionate about their job and give it their all every day. I don't know a single teacher at Huntingdon High School that doesn't push us to be the best we can be in everything we do.