Huntingdon Area Senior High School is a public school located in Huntingdon, PA. It has 598 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Huntingdon Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+68 Students
- A-59 Students
- B-44 Students
- A38 Students
- C+37 Students
- C+35 Students
- B34 Students
- C+29 Students
- B28 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Huntingdon Area Senior High School
- B+Tyrone Area High School
- Tyrone Area School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- C+Mount Union Area Senior High School
- Mount Union Area School District, PA
- 48 reviews
- C+Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Juniata Valley School District, PA
- 43 reviews
- CWilliamsburg Community Junior/Senior High School
- Williamsburg Community School District, PA
- 23 reviews
Huntingdon Area Senior High School Reviews
The teachers at Huntingdon Area Senior High School for the most part have been extremely caring and available. Their lessons are relevant and applicable to the real world. Almost all the teachers give so much to their class and always treat all the kids with respect. For me, I think I have had a better experience than many students. I find it extremely easy to build a strong rapport with any teacher or administrator, I always know I am welcomed to seek help of any kind! One thing I like about the teachers is they give options. They are able to realize that not everyone is molded the same way. Teaching and learning should not and is not something that is a like a cookie cutter-not everyone fits. Projects that are given usually have many choices so all types of learners can get something out of the assignment.
I like my high school because of the size, my graduating class has approximately 140 students. I love the student involvement with spirit weeks! Actually this week is Christmas spirit week and I dressed inn cute snowman pajamas for pajama day. The administrators and teachers are enthusiastic about these special events as well and most participate. I would do it all over again because it took me a long time to realize that the people who don't engage themselves are missing out. I was that person for a long time, sitting back and acting like I was so cool judging the other kids who were having lots of good fun. Everything is so much more worth it when we all come together as a school. I would have started coming out of my shell much sooner.
I would like to see the teachers challenge us with harder subjects. Our superiors care more about little pointless things then whether or not we are actually learning something in school.