Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Huntingdon Area Senior High School is a public school located in Huntingdon, PA. It has 571 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+75 Students
- grade B+60 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade C+40 Students
- grade A40 Students
- grade C+37 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade B29 Students
- grade A+24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Football games35%
- Volleyball and wrestling13%
- Pep Rallies9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,472 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Schools like Huntingdon Area Senior High School
- grade BTyrone Area High School
- Tyrone Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade C+Mount Union Area Senior High School
- Mount Union Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 49 reviews
- grade C+Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Juniata Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.12 out of 5 43 reviews
- grade CWilliamsburg Community Junior/Senior High School
- Williamsburg Community School District, PA
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 25 reviews
Huntingdon Area Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.37 out of 5 125 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It was a great place for learning if you got past the constant change that was being pushed. Every year they were trying to cram something new down our throats. One year it was *Learners* not students, the next they push everything online such as the math curriculum. But there is a lot of good too. It isn't a huge school so you get to know everybody and that is good for you.
The teachers at Huntingdon Area Senior High School for the most part have been extremely caring and available. Their lessons are relevant and applicable to the real world. Almost all the teachers give so much to their class and always treat all the kids with respect. For me, I think I have had a better experience than many students. I find it extremely easy to build a strong rapport with any teacher or administrator, I always know I am welcomed to seek help of any kind! One thing I like about the teachers is they give options. They are able to realize that not everyone is molded the same way. Teaching and learning should not and is not something that is a like a cookie cutter-not everyone fits. Projects that are given usually have many choices so all types of learners can get something out of the assignment.
I like my high school because of the size, my graduating class has approximately 140 students. I love the student involvement with spirit weeks! Actually this week is Christmas spirit week and I dressed inn cute snowman pajamas for pajama day. The administrators and teachers are enthusiastic about these special events as well and most participate. I would do it all over again because it took me a long time to realize that the people who don't engage themselves are missing out. I was that person for a long time, sitting back and acting like I was so cool judging the other kids who were having lots of good fun. Everything is so much more worth it when we all come together as a school. I would have started coming out of my shell much sooner.