Hunterdon Central Regional High School Reviews

Central is a huge school and I’ve met so many friends and people. There’s no limit on the amount of activities, games, or events to participate in. Classes can be hard but teachers give resources to help study and go over material. Administration and rules can be strict though and that often limits the amount of spirit and fun students can have.
Great academically, not much parent involvement. Administration was ok. Counselor was more concerned about status with school selection rather than what fit me and what my parents could afford.
Unfortunately Hunterdon Central is not the desired High School Musical experience. Instead you have clicky groups, hard classes and an environment that is easy to get mixed up in. Though HC is not the expected movie like high school there are plenty of opportunities to look past the negatives. With many sports teams and clubs it's easy to find a place to fit in and excel. In addition, the academic program gives you tons of chances to challenge yourself and prepare for higher education. Overall, even though HC isn't perfect it definitely has potential for you to make what you want of your time there.
Start Your Review of Hunterdon Central Regional High School
As attending to Hunterdon Central Regional High School from freshman year to graduating, my overall experience was not something I'd wish to ever go through again. The academics and hard work got me to college and where I am today, but every day I would dread going to school and considered such an unhealthy environment. From constantly being picked on and being the 2% minority in the school was an awful combination making me feel as I did not fit in and I would forget who I truly was and to my culture. It was a really rough time and a lot of discrimination.
Hunterdon central has great facilities and is an awesome school district. I love how the people are so polite and they will welcome you so gladly. There are opportunities but this is a hard school.
In all, I love the feel of a big school. That's precisely why I felt comfortable during my four years here, and why I went on to pick a large university. HCRHS offers numerous opportunities to be involved and engage, which lends to a lot of personal (and résumé) development.
Hunterdon Central is a fantastic school that provides stellar education and college readiness. The types of classes you can take are varied and highly beneficial in that they do a fantastic job of preparing you for college. The educators are mostly very well equipped to teach and are extremely effective with their craft. The after school activities are abundant, and are great for meeting like minded students and gaining experience.
Let's face it no one likes school. While I was in high school of course I didn't enjoy it. After graduating and going to college I realized that Hunterdon Central prepared me for college level classes much better than my peers. For this reason I gave it an excellent rating.
Academics are very challenging but you either take basic CP courses or extremely hard AP classics and there is rarely a middle sort of class. Few teachers are outstanding and many have lack of motivation and won’t help you out. They give you a ton of freedom and there are tons of extracurricular activities. They really help you prepare for college. You have a lot of fun when you get involved but you are constantly stressed out.
Extremely high standards and amazing opportunities, but there is a lack of understanding of students’ needs to participate outside of school in community programs.
I felt very prepared for college after graduating but there were quite a few issues with the administration
Overall, Hunterdon Central is a good school. Your experience, though cliche, is what you make it.
At Central the course load is heavy depending on the type of classes take and teachers you have. Honors and AP classes often mean more work and a faster pace; however, they challenge you to grow and pushes you to work hard, if you want to succeed. Unfortunately, the level of rigor also depends on your teacher. Personally, I´ve taken the same exact class as my friends, yet they end up earning a A in the class while I struggle to get a B+ because of the poor teaching. Nonetheless, some of the teachers at Central are amazing.
When it comes to extracurricular, there are plenty opportunities. It is very easy to be apart of many clubs and societies; however, don´t expect heavy involvement. Club meetings consist of listening about events & fundraisers, but no activities take place during these meetings.
I learned how to work in a team here. All the classes that we had were very informative and helpful because not only did we learn a lot about different kinds of art but also gained the knowledge about how people work, how and where to apply for jobs, and how to organize yourself as a professional.
My experience at HCRHS is very mixed. The academics for the most part are above average. Most teachers really do a good job. Some not so much. The administration from the perspective of a former student is absolutely atrocious and corrupt.
Has everything a student needs in regards to education. Parking for students is an issue and has been for years. with the amount of taxes that are paid in this area, your child should at least be able to park a car at school.
I think my experience at Central has been very good. Since starting school here many opportunities have arisen for me, although some were harder to get into. The teachers are great and make it easy for you to communicate with them and find help. There are many great extra programs that can help each student for example, the tutorial hours where teachers are, and the opportunity to meet with free tutors that are students that have taken that class before. I'm a junior this year so I'm starting the college process and the counselors have been a pretty good help with my college plans.
It's big, just shy of 4000 students. This has it's pros and cons. Large give lots of options for clubs, electives, and sports. Cons, it's big. Lots of stiff competition to make a team, sometimes hard to find that place to "fit in", if your are an avg. student, you are lost in the middle.
Start Your Review of Hunterdon Central Regional High School
Hunterdon Central offers incredible academics that without a doubt will prepare a student for college, if they take advantage of them. I would like to see better funding for arts programs as they see high involvement but do not have as many resources as athletic programs do.
It's a great school with lots of resources and academic strength. It offers many AP courses and almost any subject classes you can think off. Also there are always great teachers to help you. It also has many clubs to chose from and you can create your own if you want to. There are also a lot of things for theater and arts students with many pogroms to help them.
I enjoyed the music program that was offered, as I was involved with the wind symphony, pit orchestra, and marching band. I was also involved with the fencing club and took great joy in the sport. The only thing I had issues with was the A/B day scheduling. With this type of schedule, we had alternating classes every other day, which led to a bigger workload and more confusion.