Hunter Huss High School is a public school located in Gastonia, NC. It has 1,124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 28% in reading.
Hunter Huss High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+149 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+83 Students
- B-76 Students
- B75 Students
- A+73 Students
- B73 Students
- B66 Students
- C+59 Students
- B56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Hunter Huss High School Reviews
I liked the atmosphere that the students brought to the campus and really loved all of my teachers! They all inspired me in more ways than one by helping me decide which college to attend, and possibly which major I should choose.
Hunter Huss is not the school people make it out to be. To those on the outside, it looks unstructured, unsafe, and overall a bad place to be. However, this is all untrue. Great things are happening at Huss: our graduation rate is currently around 88%, last year's senior class raised over $6 million in scholarships, our sports teams are very competitive, our new CTE programs are wonderful, and our fines arts programs are flourishing! Being a student myself, I have witnessed firsthand the improvements taking place and am quite excited for the future of our school! Our teachers here are amazing and are always available to help students in need! Overall, Hunter Huss is a great school with an amazing staff helping its students grow and give them a chance to succeed in our contemporary world!
Hunter Huss High School is a very different place, different on many levels. We are mainly African American, and we are judged the most for that in my county. Most people think that we're all not in the right state of mind, which is wrong. I love attending Hunter Huss because there are many of us that are extremely smart, and dedicated to our education. Hunter Huss is a very family oriented place. Every faculty and staff knows every student. They support us with everything we encounter. I honestly think the students should change their behavior so that we can stop getting hatred from the community.