Hunter High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-389 Students
- B-264 Students
- B+214 Students
- B-170 Students
- B-121 Students
- B113 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+87 Students
- C+63 Students
- B-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
Hunter High School Reviews
Review Hunter High School
There are so many different clubs and organizations! Ranging from sports, theatre, deca, gay pride club. There are so many! The clubs are open for anyone to join and are the majority of the time $5 or less to join. It's a very fun thing to have and there are clubs you wouldn't even know someone would have. People have fun and they attend. I think it's a great thing to have because so many people make new friends with people who share the same interests as them. What makes it even better is the students are in charge so they get to plan these activities of their clubs and learn leadership and teamwork skills.
We always have a police officer at our school, he's part of the staff. But how is he going to know if something is happening when he's in his office and there are people fighting in the courtyard? We also have staff members, but I'm not sure they are always alert to what's going on. The other day I was eating lunch and I turned around and there were two kids fighting, it took a couple of minutes before anyone came and stopped it. And they didn't even take the kids to the principals office. Come to find out later, one of the kids didn't even go to our school. It's ridiculous! Our nurse, well I know we have one but she is also a nurse for other schools so she's never at our school so if someone got hurt they'd just have to buck up or go to the hospital, because she isn't there. Hopefully our teachers and principals know what to do
My experience here at Hunter High School has been really good. The teachers here are awesome, some of these teachers don't even feel like they are teachers because you get along with them so well and you forget that they are teachers. The administrators help you with anything as much as possible and for graduation if you're not on track they help you to get on track because all these teachers want to see you graduate with your class. Hunter High School may not be the perfect school from fall the different schools but it's a really good school. I had the best 3 yrs. here at Hunter High School.