Humphreys County High School is a public school located in Belzoni, MS. It has 417 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C87 Students
- B-72 Students
- B-63 Students
- A58 Students
- B-53 Students
- C53 Students
- A-49 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-35 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Humphreys County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Humphreys County High School Reviews
Humphreys County High School Feels like home. Even though it's so many bad things I can say, I won't say them. I miss our old teachers. The ones who actually cared about us and what we learned and didn't just read the objective to us. Old school teachers who also acted as our second mother at school. I miss the feeling of love throughout the hall way, the feeling of excitement as we used to run to class. I enjoy learning but nowadays it's a lot of distractions inside our school because the new principle never got a chance to know the real us. She went off what others said and didn't give us a chance. Our senior year has been completely awful. Everything we do we do on our own with the help of some teachers and parents. Because of them our senior trip is possible.
The school is in an overall poor state of condition to even teach students. The school is greatly lacking in education, creativity, involvement, and the drive to teach students. This needs serious development and progress.
Humphreys County is an ok school, but it can improve tremendously!!! Parents need to be more involved, teachers are needed, and everybody knows each other, so sometimes favoritism can be a problem. The middle school had a terrible principal and they run away some over their teachers.