Hume High School is a public school located in Hume, MO. It has 61 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in reading.
Hume High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+13 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- C5 Students
- B+4 Students
- B4 Students
- NG3 Students
- C+2 Students
- B2 Students
- A2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Hume High School
- B-Butler High School
- Butler R-V School District, MO
- 49 reviews
- B-Pleasanton High School
- Pleasanton Unified School District, KS
- 29 reviews
- C+Rich Hill High School
- Rich Hill R-IV School District, MO
- 23 reviews
- C+Jayhawk-Linn High School
- Jayhawk Unified School District, KS
- 53 reviews
Hume High School Reviews
Hume High School has several good perks as well as some downfalls as a high school. Personally, I enjoyed the small town feel. Having a small class of only 10 allows for you to feel at home and get the best one-on-one experience. The downfall is the convenience due to how far away you are from major towns and stores. For example: the closest gas station is almost 15 minutes away. I have also experienced a bigger high school and an advantage of that was seeing how other schools were in comparison to Hume. Those in the Hume community are very involved within the school and the town as a whole is very family oriented which I find is an advantage to going to Hume. Which means unlike many other schools, Hume isn't as diverse. Many of the students are related, and the staff hardly changes. Which can be an advantage or disadvantaged for some. Hume High School is very into their sports as well as academics.
I have a very good relationship with my school. I am involved with many activities that help me get a chance to look for the college that I most would defenitly go to. My teachers are exellent at teaching all of us to learn more and be more happy about college life and th outside world around each student. Hume High School is fairly small, but gives us lots of opportunities to learn more and be more active out in the real world. When there is hard work there is usually fun, when at the right moments its needed. I am very happy to be in this school and will be sad to see it go my last year. The staff of Hume High School are very good at what to teach the students that would really want to learn.
For being such a small school we have a lot of extracurricular activities for students to participate in. Some of these activities include volleyball, basketball, softball, and baseball for sports. Academic and club activities include NHS, FBLA, FCCLA, Science Olympiad, the school play, and Math Relays.