Hume-Fogg Academic Magnet School Reviews

If your goal is to be ready for college while surrounded by a devoted staff that truly cares for their students' success, then this is the place to be. Alumni always told me the college was a breeze after attending Hume-Fogg, and now that I'm in college I can second that! Hume-Fogg is challenging, but its definitely worth the work, my teachers and counselors were like a second family and they inspired me to pursue a career in education so I can give back to the community what they gave to me. Hume-Fogg is a magical castle in the heart of Nashville that will foster memories that'll last a lifetime and a skill set that will have you confident in your abilities to achieve your goals in college and in your career.
My four years at Hume-Fogg High School was very memorable. The teachers were always so helpful. Although this school is very tough, if you were to actually work hard, it was not that difficult. One of the only things that I think should be improved at Hume-Fogg is stress management. This school really stresses kids out. Overall, I really enjoyed my time here.
Hume-Fogg is a great school with great opportunities. Throughout my four years at HFA, I've been constantly challenged, but in a way that is enjoyable. While classes can be difficult, the curriculum is taught in a way that is enthralling. The teachers at Hume-Fogg are incredibly supportive, and many of them have inspired me to be the best person that I can be. They are understanding of the stress that students have and are always willing to talk or help out. Hume-Fogg has many different opportunities; there are many different honors and AP courses that are sure to challenge you, but also spark your interest. Hume-Fogg truly has prepared me for the future as the school and teachers have taught me skills that will follow me through life. I have built up my confidence and have learned how hard one must work to be successful. Overall, HFA is a great school that is constantly enjoyable, despite challenges.
Start Your Review of Hume-Fogg Academic Magnet School
Hume-Fogg prepares students by offering some of the most difficult curricula in TN being the only school that offers AP Physics C and Multive Variable in the state of Tennessee, where it students succeed due to facilities who are committed there time to provide Hume-Fogg students.
I am very proud to be a Hume Fogg student. Not a single person at this school shows up, either as a student, a teacher, or an administrator, looking to coast through the day or give the very minimum of effort. Every student tries their best in their academics, working their hardest to network and to conquer difficult challenges. The teachers themselves are genuinely invested in making sure each and every student leaves the building having learned something new. One teacher, Mr. Montenegro, took on the challenge of teaching 175 students at once throughout 7 periods. The high passing rate of that class is a testament to the ability of the teachers and students. Hume Fogg sees challenges and rises to meet them.
I just transferred to Hume-Fogg as a Junior and I love it! It’s amazing to be in the heart of downtown Nashville every day. The students of this school are not only smart, but they are friendly and school spirited! I’m loving it so much.
At hume-fogg, there was a very friendly energy out in the open. Everyone was very welcoming and sweet. Teachers were always there to help you out, even when they were busy with other things, they found the time to help. The students were very welcoming, diverse, and intelligent. Everyone was lovely and offered a different look on things.
Very poor diversity when it comes to the teachers and very little school spirit. If students had more of a voice for dances and pep rallies then it would be a lot better. The student-government is very closed off and there isn't much oppurtunity for students to have any input if they aren't in it. Dissapointed.
Amazing school. Gives you a broader view of the world. All the teachers are phenomenal. Also, this school gives one a lot of real world experience , and pushes a student to be the best they can be. Gives a student a lot of opportunities that most schools don’t offer to one. Really prepares one for college and life .
I love the teachers there and the type of environment that they create and promote. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Hume-Fogg, especially working in the theater department. The professionalism with which we put on our productions doesn't at all detract from the enormous amount of fun I have putting them together. There however is an apparent lack of diversity and some teachers have certain mindsets of promoting only rigorous academics.
I really enjoy the ability to learn in a advanced pace and be around other students that are like minded in their focus on grades and future. Teachers are open to help you if you are trying for the most part. I would change the food choices and the ability to have more seating in and around the lunch room. I have always had to sit on the floor or run to grab a table early if I was wanting to sit.
Hume Fogg was a pretty good school to go to in order to be prepared for college. The work load was stressful but I know it'll help me in the future in my upcoming college classes. I wish the curriculum could be changed slightly for english classes and have more of the components of the language rather than the analysis aspect of it.
It was a school that really prepared for college. Just as college is essay focused, Hume Fogg is a essay focused high school that prepares you for college
Great School! They do a great job of preparing you for college! I would definitely recommend going to this high school.
As a present student at Hume-Fogg what I have enjoyed and valued the most from this school is the location. With the school being located in downtown Nashville on Broadway it has taught me how to deal with a variety of events and situations in society. From my time at the school it gave me the opportunity to see the real world and be able to experience it at such a young age and learn lessons from it before I am thrown out into these circumstances when I become an adult.
Overall I had an amazing experience at Hume-Fogg. However I think that an increase in security measure would do this school good since it is located downtown.
Academically this school is very challenging but teaches you a lot to prepare you for college. I think that the teachers especailly care about you and teach the best of their capabilities. The downside is that the school itself isn’t as diverse as I would like it to be and also the admistration can be a pain at times. I wish there was free parking for the students and that the school itself wasn’t as stressful.
Start Your Review of Hume-Fogg Academic Magnet School
Hume-Fogg is most likely one of the best schools in the state of Tennessee. Of schools I know in the region, the amount it prepares you for college is second to none. However, if you are looking for a relatively low-stress high-school, or one where you're likely to get a high GPA without trying, look elsewhere, as the experience can leave you with just stress and not much enthusiasm to work.
The teachers and the staff make the enviorment feel very welcoming and the work load truly prepares students for college. The student body is very clique-y but overall very accepting to new people.
Hume-Fogg is a pretty good school, it's mostly the other students that can take away from it. And administration can be a little hypocritical.