Humboldt Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Humboldt, TN. It has 407 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Humboldt Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B62 Students
- B+54 Students
- A-53 Students
- B-42 Students
- B36 Students
- C27 Students
- C+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B22 Students
- C+20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Humboldt Junior/Senior High School
- B-West Carroll Junior/Senior High School
- West Carroll Special School District, TN
- 65 reviews
- CNorth Side High School
- Madison County School District, TN
- 107 reviews
- BGibson County High School
- Gibson County Special School District, TN
- 58 reviews
- B+Peabody High School
- Trenton Special School District, TN
- 87 reviews
Humboldt Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I have gone to Humboldt high school for four years and will be graduating this spring. My experiencs at school have been ok but not at all what i expected. I enjoy my art and mechanics classes. Several of my classes are done on computers with little to no teacher involvement. Some teachers and staff are not very supportive of my education or future goals.
Humboldt High School, Ha ha. Where do I even being the food was terrible for one. The teachers, oh lord, some were good others were instigators always trying to bring out the worst in students but its not always the teachers. Honestly I don't miss it, too much drama there, but i do miss my under-classmates some of them are my friends.
Every year students are lined up to try-out for the sports offered at school, such as: football, baseball, softball, basketball, track, and cheerleading. Our football and basketball teams has ones multiple awards. We have a myriad of athletes who are in the top of the state. Our boys basketball team won the state championship last year. The football team has made it to the state playoffs every year. This year we made it further than we have in a very long time. We are have very valuable coaches who devote their lives to the sports and the players. During in any game, fans flood the stands! In most cases, they end up lining the fences just to watch the game. About 85% of the student body participates in these functions. We have very few pep rallies, maybe four a year. When we have them to get everyone on campus pumped up, no one participates. Our athletic facilities are practically new. Our football fieldhouse is just a few years old as well as our baseball complex.